Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
DA 300mm F4 Lens

Have been searching for one new with a US warranty. Seems there are none in the country. If you know of one somewhere, can you please pass the info along. With the current situation as it is in Japan, i cannot see any coming from there any time soon. Hopefully i am wrong.
Thanks

03-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B&H? Adorama? Amazon?
03-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #3

Original Poster
All out. Cannot find one.
03-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For info, Adorama has an used Tamron Sp 300 2.8 Ld-if F/px-af Gray
Buy Fixed Lenses | Adorama, the Photography People

Hope that the info can assist...

03-18-2011, 03:14 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks. After months of research and blurry eyed reading, i am fixed on the Pentax version. Just a side note, price gouging has already started on some of the longer Pentax lens that are left, as the prices have jumped in the last couple of days closer to MSRP. If there is a lens you think you may want, watch the prices.
03-18-2011, 08:09 PM   #6

Vario, I hear you. If I have to pay MSRP, I'll buy directly from the Pentax store.

BTW, Pentax store says it's out of stock, but ships in 10 days...
03-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #7

Original Poster
I will send them an email to see if the 10 day period holds true now under these conditions. I suspect not, but have nothing to loose. Also, i wonder if they have to collect sales tax? I know Sony and Panasonic do with every sale regardless of where you are.
03-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by vario Quote
I will send them an email to see if the 10 day period holds true now under these conditions. I suspect not, but have nothing to loose. Also, i wonder if they have to collect sales tax? I know Sony and Panasonic do with every sale regardless of where you are.
There's no national sales tax and the tax rate in most states is different. What tax rate do they charge?

I think it's more a situation where they are normally out of stock. There are threads from years ago with people panicking because the FA LTDs was out of stock. Not discontinued, just out of stock for a few weeks.

I definitely wouldn't reward the price gougers. If they can get away with it, they'll keep doing it. Wait it out or buy direct from Pentax. I do wonder if the 10 day period still holds in this situation. That would be interesting to know.

03-19-2011, 09:32 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pz1fan Quote
There's no national sales tax and the tax rate in most states is different. What tax rate do they charge?

I think it's more a situation where they are normally out of stock. There are threads from years ago with people panicking because the FA LTDs was out of stock. Not discontinued, just out of stock for a few weeks.

I definitely wouldn't reward the price gougers. If they can get away with it, they'll keep doing it. Wait it out or buy direct from Pentax. I do wonder if the 10 day period still holds in this situation. That would be interesting to know.

Well, i sent an email to Pentax USA asking if the 10 day window was accurate based on conditions present in Japan now, as i wanted to order this lens. If this is accurate, i will order directly from them. I also got the automated response that they will answer within 48 hours.
Also, on the site, there are only what appears to be three states they charge sales tax for. The law currently is that if there is a presence in a state by the seller, then they must charge sales tax. That explains Sonys stance on this as i have always paid sales tax on anything i have purchased through Sony Style.
04-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by vario Quote
Well, i sent an email to Pentax USA asking if the 10 day window was accurate based on conditions present in Japan now, as i wanted to order this lens. If this is accurate, i will order directly from them. I also got the automated response that they will answer within 48 hours.
Any luck with the shipping window? I noticed the auction site has some DA 300mm's. The lowest price is a low 1999.99 dollars ...

Last edited by pz1fan; 04-11-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: number of items changed