Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
glee46's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North of San Francisco, California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 596
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
One of the reviewers of this lens in the review section has a somewhat similar looking issue with his that looks to be something to do with the paint on the inside tube: S-M-C/Super/Auto Takumar 35mm F3.5 Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database.
I agree that is what it looked like on mine as well. However, I'm still going to do a cleaning on it and will post some pics when I get to it and see if it comes off.

04-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 776
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
You have to twist off the outer ring in order to remove the screws on the inner ring.

The problem is, I can't twist that effin' outer ring off. And let's face it--the effin' things have been screwed tight on there for 40 years.

Do I have ONE friend on this site that will do me a favor, that I can trust, that I can send this to and LEAST get the outer ring off?

I'm dying here.

My wife has recently started hating my guts more than usual, so she doesn't care about my problems. Only about 90% of YOU guys feel the same way, so that still leaves 10% who can give me some guidance with this.

When I'm unable to perform as she expects, she thinks it's because she no longer excites me. But the reason is that effin' 50 S_Tak, which occupies my every waking moment.
The way I do it works on all Taks that I have tried it on:

I use a rubber bathroom stopper (sized right - I used a 1 5/8"), works like a charm.
04-03-2011, 11:23 AM   #18
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,762
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
You have to twist off the outer ring in order to remove the screws on the inner ring.

The problem is, I can't twist that effin' outer ring off. And let's face it--the effin' things have been screwed tight on there for 40 years.

Do I have ONE friend on this site that will do me a favor, that I can trust, that I can send this to and LEAST get the outer ring off?

I'm dying here.

My wife has recently started hating my guts more than usual, so she doesn't care about my problems. Only about 90% of YOU guys feel the same way, so that still leaves 10% who can give me some guidance with this.

When I'm unable to perform as she expects, she thinks it's because she no longer excites me. But the reason is that effin' 50 S_Tak, which occupies my every waking moment.
Are you talking about the ring with Super Takumar printed on it? For that you just need friction ring of some sort. Unless the filter ring is bent. If the filter ring is bent you are pretty much screwed. Once the decorative ring is off you just need a JIS screwdriver for the screws. Sometimes the lens will have straight screws.
04-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #19
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 776
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
You have to twist off the outer ring in order to remove the screws on the inner ring.

The problem is, I can't twist that effin' outer ring off. And let's face it--the effin' things have been screwed tight on there for 40 years.

Do I have ONE friend on this site that will do me a favor, that I can trust, that I can send this to and LEAST get the outer ring off?

I'm dying here.

My wife has recently started hating my guts more than usual, so she doesn't care about my problems. Only about 90% of YOU guys feel the same way, so that still leaves 10% who can give me some guidance with this.

When I'm unable to perform as she expects, she thinks it's because she no longer excites me. But the reason is that effin' 50 S_Tak, which occupies my every waking moment.
Ira,
Also take a look at this webpage:

Pentax 50mm f/1.4 strip-down instructions

04-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
glee46's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North of San Francisco, California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 596
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Are you talking about the ring with Super Takumar printed on it? For that you just need friction ring of some sort. Unless the filter ring is bent. If the filter ring is bent you are pretty much screwed. Once the decorative ring is off you just need a JIS screwdriver for the screws. Sometimes the lens will have straight screws.
Even if the ring is bend you can get it off. There was a guy who had cut out a piece of wood half the size of the lens. With a small dowel, he shaped it back into size. There are a number of posts here as well for fixing a bend filter ring. I got one where it looks like someone hit it with a hammer. I'll do some before & after on it for sure.
04-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,762
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
Even if the ring is bend you can get it off. There was a guy who had cut out a piece of wood half the size of the lens. With a small dowel, he shaped it back into size. There are a number of posts here as well for fixing a bend filter ring. I got one where it looks like someone hit it with a hammer. I'll do some before & after on it for sure.
That would be cool. I have a S-M-C 50/1.4 with a bent filter ring that really needs to be opened.
04-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
glee46's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North of San Francisco, California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 596
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
That would be cool. I have a S-M-C 50/1.4 with a bent filter ring that really needs to be opened.

Here's a link with step by step instructions.

DIY Straightening Bent Lens Filter Rings Photo Gallery by Pete Ganzel at pbase.com
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
35mm f/3.5 m42, dust, f/3.5, fungus, k-mount, m42, pentax lens, slr lens, takumar, takumar 35mm f/3.5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
M42 Super Takumar 35mm 3.5 lens hood replacement. Image Eye Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 06-24-2010 07:38 PM
For Sale - Sold: M42 SMC Takumar 35mm/3.5 (US/CAN) captainslack Sold Items 3 05-04-2010 12:50 PM
For Sale - Sold: Super Takumar 35mm f3.5 + M42 Teleconverters JP_Seattle Sold Items 3 02-03-2010 07:00 PM
For Sale - Sold: SOLD - SMC Takumar 35mm F3.5 for M42 davealta Sold Items 4 09-14-2009 07:16 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top