Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
Sometimes, the why not try it route leads to the really want lenses and often at a net cost of next to nothing (or in some cases, Less than nothing).
Indeed. More than a few "why not?" items become "must carry" very quickly. A list would be tedious, but I'll note that a few under-US$12 lenses are now mainstays for me. And more than a few under-US$12 lenses got resold for over US$50 each.

QuoteQuote:
You have to be willing to play the market so to speak though.
I'm not floating in cash (nor sinking in debt) so I'm fairly risk-averse. Small risks can either hurt a little, or pay-off a little or a lot, but they won't hurt a lot. I can live with that calculus. It's the big risks that I try to avoid. Again, my rule of thumb:
If it costs less than a sandwich or hamburger, buy it.
If it costs more than a large fancy pizza, think real hard about it.
And if it cost more than a good meal out with your partner, ask for advice!

03-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a Tokina AF 28-70 3.5-4.5 and it delivers different tone of pictures than the kit lens. It is sharper but lighter in color. You might be able to find one of these on ebay within $80
03-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are AF versions of the sigma mini-wide 28mm and super-wide 24mm. They are probably more expensive than the range you give, but very good values even still.
03-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
Basically, what is out there that's really really cheap on eBay, but still worth picking up?
You mean, something worth for you to pick up, but not for all the other LBAs frequenting this forum?

03-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #20

i got a pentax 100mm macro(1:2 magnification) f3.5 for us120 like 5 months ago