Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #1

18-135 mm auto focus

I recently purchased a 18-135 mm lens for my Pentax K10D. I can't get the auto focus to work. I have checked my settings. AFS is selected. However, when you view the settings through the viewer, it is showing MF. I have other lenses which work fine on this setting. How do I go about trouble shooting this problem?

03-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jed Mooar Quote
I recently purchased a 18-135 mm lens for my Pentax K10D. I can't get the auto focus to work. I have checked my settings. AFS is selected. However, when you view the settings through the viewer, it is showing MF. I have other lenses which work fine on this setting. How do I go about trouble shooting this problem?
Have you updated your camera with the latest firmware?

Isnt that needed for the K-10, to be able to handle SDM and DC lenses?
03-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Update your K10D to firmware version 1.3

Download

1. Unzip the file
  2. Copy the .bin to the root of a formatted SD card
  3. Insert the card into your camera and ensure it is fully charged
  4. Turn the camera power on while pressing the Menu button
  5. Select "Yes" when prompted on the screen
  6. Once the screen displays "Complete", you can turn off your camera

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. That was the answer I was looking for. I updated from 1.0 to 1.3. Everything is working great.