Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

A couple good lens deals, including FA 35mm f/2!

Posting here instead of the Marketplace since these aren't my items...

(Updated to reflect sold FA35 and reduced price Sigma)

I've come across a couple pretty good deals on good glass on Amazon marketplace. One is a FA 35mm f/2 AL, said to be in perfect condition, {SOLD} and the other is a Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX Macro in "excellent" condition. It's $199.99, plus $5 regular shipping. Both also include UV filters. Those are really bargains, especially the 35mm. Makes me wish I hadn't jumped the gun and bought a new one a couple weeks ago.

These can be found on the Amazon Marketplace by clicking here for the seller's storefront.

I actually got alerted to this because I had set up an auto-notify with Amazon a while back, so they would inform me when a used FA35 appeared. Unfortunately, one came around just a little too late for me. But I did communicate with the seller, and he seems like a good guy. I may have missed the boat, but hopefully I can help one of you snag a good deal. If someone here gets it, tell him Dave sent you.

Last edited by aerodave; 10-25-2007 at 05:14 PM.
10-25-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow, that is a good deal. I never even thought to look on the Amazon marketplace. Too bad I bought one locally a few weeks ago for $250...
10-25-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, that was quick. The FA35 disappeared in no time. I knew it would. But the Sigma Macro is still hanging out there. Someone buy it so I don't...I can't explain another lens to the wife right now =)
10-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just updating the thread because the seller dropped the price on the Sigma, and I didn't want to look outdated. Apparently the seller realized that he was a little closer than he wanted to the new price. So it's an even better deal now. I'll stop pandering for the guy now, and let nature take its course. I'm sure the lens will disappear soon anyway.

10-25-2007, 11:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How much was the fa 35/2 sold for?
10-26-2007, 01:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

How does the Amazon marketplace work?
Any protection to buyers/sellers?
10-26-2007, 05:02 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Deni Quote
How much was the fa 35/2 sold for?
It sold for $210. A price low enough to make me kick myself for sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by ddhytz Quote
How does the Amazon marketplace work?
Any protection to buyers/sellers?
Sure...if you click through to where you can actually put the item in your cart, there's a link that describes Amazon's A-to-z guarantee. It's a little extra piece of mind. Frankly, I trust Amazon to stand up for me as a buyer more than I do eBay.
10-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery
Doh!

I was going to jump on that Sigma Macro, but in the product details it says that

"Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S"

Drat.

10-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Hope I'm not shilling too much, but I'm making up for being way too impulsive over the last year in my purchases; I'm the one selling the Sigma macro, and if you want to buy it and have it shipped internationally, PM me and I'll work something out. I'm also selling a mint AF540 flash with case and stand for $300.