Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #1

Sigma 14mm f2.8

Hi guys,
im lookin for this lens.but ive searched everywhere and i cant find it..can anyone help me?thanks.

03-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

May be Samyang?
03-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, not Samyang. There is Sigma EX 14/2.8.
Brick of a lens. Big, heavy, full frame capable. Quite sharp. Very curved front element. Very prone to flare. Coulours are typical for this age Sigma glass, cold with hint of green tinge. All in all not worth it IMO
03-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You could always get the DA14mm f/2.8

03-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
Brick of a lens. Big, heavy, full frame capable. Quite sharp. Very curved front element. Very prone to flare. Coulours are typical for this age Sigma glass, cold with hint of green tinge. All in all not worth it IMO
I like the Sigma 14mm EX f/2.8. I wanted something that I could use on digital and film, and something I could shoot night photos with... there's really not much choice in that category. Also I plan to try putting some ND filters in the rear filter holder at some point and doing some long exposure landscape shots in the daytime, and there aren't too many lenses in this class that can take filters.

Here's a shot that made me happy enough, especially considering there's a point source light in the picture causing flare - handheld in Vegas on the old strip, taken at night, f/2.8, ISO 400, 1/45 of a second:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
03-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
The trick with this lens is to shade it with your palm from the sun. The bulbous front element catches the sun quite easily. Some use it with a cardboard shade on a flexible arm attached to the hot shoe. It really comes into its own element in low light tight interiors.
If you don't need the low light capability you could try a slower lens like the da15.
Try bh photo that's the last place I saw the sigma sold new