Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Brenda Lee Quote
Thanks!

The lot came with a couple of flash units -- a Pentax AF200S and a pretty sweet Sunpak Auto Zoom 3000, two remote shutter releases, a flash bracket and some other random stuff.

It all came in a nice aluminum case, but it smelled so musty, I threw it out. I'm thinking I should probably bring it back in and try to replace the foam.
Those flash are nice find too. Open up the case, spray Odor-gon or Febreze quite liberally and put it in a well ventilated shaded area. When it's dry leave it out in the sun for a day or two. This should take care of the mustiness or repeat process.

03-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
My first sigma mini wide had, like yours, the large metal "fin" protecting the stop down lever. To get it onto a DSLR I had to cut that fin off. I used a tin snips, although others have used a dremel tool to sand it down. Mine had a little haze inside too, and I took it apart trying to clean it out. I learned my first lesson of lens repair - consider it broken before you start, cause there is a high chance that is how it will end up! :-)
Did the lens survive? I've already written this one off, so I wouldn't be too heartbroken if I couldn't get it back together.
03-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Those flash are nice find too. Open up the case, spray Odor-gon or Febreze quite liberally and put it in a well ventilated shaded area. When it's dry leave it out in the sun for a day or two. This should take care of the mustiness or repeat process.
I'm pretty excited about the Sunpak flash. I gave up on the case. The foam wouldn't come out without shredding the plywood on the bottom.
03-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It survived the snip, not so much the "clean-out". So it goes.