Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just borged a Canon lens onto my K-x, a few questions...

I took a gamble with an online auction and bought a new-in-box Albinar 28mm macro lens.

When it arrived, it turned out to yes, be like new (silica gel was still in the box) but, alas, it was an old FD Canon lens.

"Well!" says I, as I'm walking around with this lens precariously clinging to my K-x, "I should be able to sell this for what I paid at lea..."

At which point the lens drops off the camera with a CRASH, denting the lens and causing an alarming tinkling sound inside of it.

So I did a bit of online snooping, and learned that I would probably never be able to use this lens to get infinity due to differences in distance to the sensor and blah blah blah.

That said, the lens is still GOOD, right? I mean, its decent unsellable glass...

I rummaged around in my small pile of lenses and grabbed the old Sears 80-200 I paid $8.50 a few weeks ago and have since not really used for anything.

Mount from the Sears comes off, mount for the Canon comes off, mount from Sears goes onto the Canon and, well...

Now I have a lens I can at least do macro work with. :-D

I have an effective focus range now from about 3 inches to mayyyyybe 3 or 4 feet.

My questions:

Is there anything I could doctor up that might allow me to grab infinity? Inserting another element or whatever between the mount and whatever could change this, or is this a no way around it, the lens just isn't compatible situation?

If nothing else, I'm now looking at a conversation piece at least, and I learned a little by partially diving into the guts of the two lenses. :-D

03-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
And some samples from it...

One of the cats...

This is the box it came in...

My 50mm...