Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens disassembly & cleaning

Hi

Just come across a great video of a 50mm lens being disassembled and cleaned. Gives you an idea of how complicated lenses are if this is a simple prime.

Video: The Systematic Disassembly of a Pentax 50mm F/1.4 Lens | Popular Photography

Apologies if this has been posted before

Gareth

03-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garethwebber Quote
Hi

Just come across a great video of a 50mm lens being disassembled and cleaned. Gives you an idea of how complicated lenses are if this is a simple prime.

Video: The Systematic Disassembly of a Pentax 50mm F/1.4 Lens | Popular Photography

Gareth
I found the calming music helped me from squirming too much haha. Well, having watched that video I'm off to go disassemble one of my limiteds!
03-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by garethwebber Quote
Hi

Gareth
Thanks for the link. It is very informative.
J
03-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
of course the fungus couldn't be on the outer lens it would be too simple, it had to be worst on the innermost lens element. Personally i think he took the video to have a hope in hell of re-assembling it

oh and good thing i don't have a spanner like that i might be tempted to do something along these lines