Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
If you don't PM me about helping you write a book, I'm going to kill you.
So kill me already.

Which reminds me of my friend Z.Nachman telling me of a trip to Hong Kong, and there's this gringo in the middle of the street yelling, "YOU'RE KILLINK ME! YOU"RE KILLINK ME!" and his wife going into a jewelry store turns around and yells, "SO BEFORE YOU DIE, THROW ME YOUR CREDIT CARD ALREADY!"

But I digress.

I've given up on writing books. Too much commitment, too much work. (Maynard G. Krebs voice: "WORK?!?!?!?!") Believe me, I've considered it. RIORICO'S EASY GUIDE TO PHOTOGRAPHY FOR CHEAP BASTARDS, something like that. But who would buy it? Zillions of torrents of free photo books to grab, why bother paying for mine? So I'll just continue intermittently spewing my wisdom onto the fora. Hurling chunks of knowledge, something like that.

ObTopic: The best generation of lenses is the generation that gets used. The best lens is the lens you use; the worst is the one you don't use. A better question might be, "What's the best generation of photographers?" But that will probably provoke a theological debate. Can't have that, now.

04-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
There hasn't been the same development in optical design of primes as for zooms.
Except for the extreme wide angle and extreme telephoto primes.