Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I just bought one of these in K mount, and I am glad I found this thread. Thanks guys!

I have a different problem: my lens mount is black anodized aluminum, an insulating finish. I'll have to make sure to get contact to the right pins to support Av mode.

It's getting curiouser and curiouser....

11-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slowhands95128 Quote
I have a different problem: my lens mount is black anodized aluminum, an insulating finish. I'll have to make sure to get contact to the right pins to support Av mode.

It's getting curiouser and curiouser....
I had a lens like this. I used a small bit of aluminum foil tape I had. (It's often used in taping together duct work.) That took care of matters.
08-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Recently got one of these for <£40 and - despite weird issues with the aperture and metering - I am amazed by how sharp this is throughout the entire range. Obviously it's a touch soft wide open, but the weird thing is when the aperture is closed right down I could swear there's no diffraction blur. This will have to be investigated more thoroughly.
08-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aluminium foil tape is the best. It sticks, unlike tinfoil strips, and does not require you to scrape the anodised finish off the base of a lens you paid (or might one day charge!) big bucks for.

07-25-2021, 12:55 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vanakaru Quote
That exactly what does not happen. Also I have permitted the use of aperture ring. I have many manual lenses and the rest Pentax mount ones work fine. So I am pretty puzzled with this.
BTW I have pretty nice Hanimex 24/2.8. It is not as exciting as Petri, but has its caracter for sure - maybe regarding Hanimex reputation it is quit good. I am planning to do little review for that as well.
This is a very old thread - but as I found the reason and a solutin for the problem, I think that maybe others can benefit from my findings:
The problem with this lens is that the screws are deep into the mount and don't reach to the surface. For this reason, the camera things there is no lens on the body even though the lens ist on it. My solution was to but a little very fine metall filament around the screw that is responsible for contact and screwed it in, again. This way, the screw ends up at a little higher position and everything works fine.

Best regards
Holger
12-14-2021, 09:36 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lens stops down in Av?

I just acquired one of these. Thanks to this thread I went into the purchase with my eyes wide open.
As expected it works normally on the Samsung GX10 (ie. K10d) but clearly needs the workaround on the KS-2.

The reason for adding to this ancient thread is I also observed strange behaviour in Av mode on the KS-2. This lens stops down when the shutter is pressed!
To be clear it meters like any other manual lens wide open (changing the apeture seemingly does nothing) but take a shot and it will be at the desired aperture.
What's more metering would seem to overexpose by about 2 stops, so in terms of exposure just changing to f4 in Av is pretty effective.

I've never seen this with any other lens!?!