Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 349
Sigma 50-150mm

Hi I am looking for the Sigma 50-150mm. Ffordes had them at a great price, but they are out of stock now. I am almost kicking myself for not jumping on it there and then. Any idea where else I can get one? Thanks!

04-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
JHD
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,407
Broadway Camera... Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 II EX DC HSM APO : Broadway Camera, Your Specialty Camera Store in Vancouver, Canada

But the Tamron 70-200 can be had for at least $100 less.
04-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter
gebco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 284
I bought my copy at that same store. I called them beforehand to make sure they had it in stock.
Side note: I'm really liking my Sigma 50-150. I used it recently at some childrens' speedskating races and the focus tracking was fast and reliable, and, at 2.8, pics were sharp.
04-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marin, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 281
QuoteOriginally posted by gtl Quote
Hi I am looking for the Sigma 50-150mm. Ffordes had them at a great price, but they are out of stock now. I am almost kicking myself for not jumping on it there and then. Any idea where else I can get one? Thanks!
I just picked up a used one right here in the marketplace. I think here might be another still for sale. It's my first HSM lens....wow it is whisper quiet. I hope to get sone tine this weekend to really try it out.

04-06-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
gtl
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 349
Original Poster
When did you get it from ffordes? Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by gebco Quote
I bought my copy at that same store. I called them beforehand to make sure they had it in stock.
Side note: I'm really liking my Sigma 50-150. I used it recently at some childrens' speedskating races and the focus tracking was fast and reliable, and, at 2.8, pics were sharp.
04-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United States
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 60
sigma 50-150

It was discontinued so it's hard to find....I saw it listed at:
Sigma | DC APO 50-150/2.8 EX HSM II Telephoto Zoom Lens For Pentax Digital SLRs (67mm) *FREE SHIPPING* | 691109 | Tri-State Camera, Video, and Computer
but not sure if it really is in stock.

A new model is due out soon...supposedly with OS (which is redundant for us with body stabilization). Sigma stabilizes 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM: Digital Photography Review Rumors are it will be really heavy (and probably cost a bundle more than the old 50-150 cause of OS...kinda what happened with the 70-200 versions).
04-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member
RBellavance's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Near Montréal, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,716
QuoteOriginally posted by lkjr Quote
A new model is due out soon...supposedly with OS (which is redundant for us with body stabilization). Sigma stabilizes 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM: Digital Photography Review Rumors are it will be really heavy (and probably cost a bundle more than the old 50-150 cause of OS...kinda what happened with the 70-200 versions).
The weight has not been announced yet, but the OS 50-150 will certainly be more bulky. If the specs in the announcement are correcte, it will be 2.3 inches longer and 0.4 inches thicker than its predecessor (3.4 x 7.8 vs. 3 x 5.5). Filter size also grows from 67mm to 77mm. Note that this is the exact same size as Sigma's 70-200/2.8 OS HSM lens.
04-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
Site Supporter
gebco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 284
QuoteOriginally posted by gtl Quote
When did you get it from ffordes? Thanks!
My post referred to the previous one about Broadway Camera, not Ffordes.
Broadway Camera is a company in British Columbia.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50-150mm, k-mount, pentax lens, sigma, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sigma 50-150mm 2.8 ii hsm fikkser Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 21 12-02-2010 06:21 PM
Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 yusuf Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 09-30-2010 06:13 PM
Sigma 50-150mm vs Pentax 50-135mm JoepLX3 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 08-23-2010 09:27 AM
Pentax 50-135mm or Sigma 50-150mm A.M.92 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 06-27-2010 08:52 AM
Pentax 50-135mm vs. Sigma 50-150mm jms698 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 05-06-2009 03:02 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top