Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For me, after waiting years for the resolution to get up close enough to film, I finally made the jump to digital last summer. I teach to adults so I saw all the normal stuff (Canikon) and some Olympus/Sony. After doing a lot of research and looking into the pros and cons of each, I realized Pentax had the best product based on:

* Compatibility with older lenses (completely compatible except for 6x7 lenses)
* Best value per megapixel (lower cost for more resolution)
* Great noise control
* In camera vibration control (allowing the feature to be used with screw mount lenses!, incredible).
* Great ergonomics- I wanted separate dials for f-stop and shutter speed. Layout of other functions was VERY nice.
* access to great prime lenses, old and new

The first time I picked up my K7 was when I opened the box it was shipped in. I did not touch one or see one "in the flesh" before hand. It has been infatuation ever since. I have collected a nice cache of lenses since getting the basic kit at reasonable prices. Next to marrying my wife, it is the best decision I ever made!

The only thing that kept me going to FF right off was the price tag. I wanted to stay within a certain budget. Now we need a Pentax FF so I can use some of those lenses I got with that camera body!!!