Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
135/2.5K on K5?

Who's had experience with this lens on the K5? Does the aperture work manually from the lens? Any metering issues? Is the CA really that bad?

04-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr_Canuck Quote
Does the aperture work manually from the lens?
As with any M lenses, you would choose the aperture on the lens and then stop down to meter. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-manua...7-k-x-etc.html

Here are a few reviews: SMC Pentax 135mm F2.5 Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-06-2011, 01:14 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Mine works fine on my cameras. K10-K20.
Very nice lens....:-)
04-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The K135f2.5 is an awesome lens. Works perfectly with K20.

04-06-2011, 03:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Since CA is a property of the lens, not the sensor, it won't be any different than if seen on any camera, the K135F2.5 is an excellent lens, but I am sure if you look, you will find CA especially lateral CA in the out of focus areas, all other lenses of that era exhibited it.
04-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the perspectives. Sounds like some of the vintage Minolta's I've used. Great build, sharp optics and sometimes legacy issues of flare or ca with digital sensors. It's an interesting lens for sure.
04-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr_Canuck Quote
Thanks for the perspectives. Sounds like some of the vintage Minolta's I've used. Great build, sharp optics and sometimes legacy issues of flare or ca with digital sensors. It's an interesting lens for sure.
Not to sound like a PITA on this point but CA and flare with a lens have absolutely nothing to do with digital sensors they are a property of the lens design and exhibit the same behavior on film as they do on digital

Reflection off the rear element or parts at the rear of the lens and the sensor are sometimes present but somewhat rare. The same is true of purple fringing which should not be confused with CA

I find it somewhat discomforting when comments like this propagate unnecessarily