Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2011, 03:26 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DirkG Quote
Now convince me that (convenience of lighter weight and AF apart) a legacy wide-angle like K20 is not a good choice on digital ...
the picture on the left ..is taken with K20 ?
owh .... is a great picture in corner perfomance ..in compare with limited lens ??
are you sure ?
cause the price is also not difference much ...
its a low light performance right ?

04-19-2011, 03:47 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ewig Quote
i just want to ask about this lens ..because recently .. i find this on ebay , and i take a look that this lens has a 4 built in filter ???
can someone please explain this ? i never heard before about this lens ... is the quality good , and how you change the filter if has 4 built in in your lens body ??

thx b4

regard
It is real indeed. I've owned one since 1978.
04-19-2011, 03:55 AM   #18
Veteran Member

i just want to ask about this lens ..because recently .. i find this on ebay , and i take a look that this lens has a 4 built in filter ???
can someone please explain this ? i never heard before about this lens ... is the quality good , and how you change the filter if has 4 built in in your lens body ??

thx b4

regard
I'd say its worth it if you're a collecting classic K lenses.

However, if you're looking for a bargain, then, I'd recommend looking at the DA 16-45mm as an alternate. Which will likely be just as sharp(if not sharper), have full AF, wider, etc etc.

To my knowledge, the classic K's are all M class lenses.
And though I do believe a few of them are definitely worth owning(see: K 35mm 3.5 magic). I don't think the wides fall in that category unless you're collecting them.
04-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #19
Forum Member

the picture on the left ..is taken with K20 ?
owh .... is a great picture in corner perfomance ..in compare with limited lens ??
are you sure ?
cause the price is also not difference much ...
its a low light performance right ?
Hi,
Believe me, it's like I said. I started with DA21, wasn't too happy with its performance for architectural shots, got interested in the K20, found one after a while, and got results like the ones I was showing.

In the meantime, I have also acquired a K18 (and done away with DA21), but I haven't made up my mind yet if I prefer K18 or K20.

In general, to gently make a point about forum talk, let me just quote Joni Mitchell here:
"People´ll tell you where they´ve gone
They will tell you where to go
But until you get there yourself you will never really know".

Happy shooting,
D