Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Site Supporter
slip's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 2 hours north of toronto ontario canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,533
Sanwa lens?

I was at a used store and the lady showed me a sanwa xx( I think it was 80mm)-200mm F4 lens. not sure if it was for pentax but had the letters k/r (is that for k mount ricoh) does anyone know anything about this brand?
the build doesn't look that great but the optics as far as condition looks great. does K/R mean it's a K mount pentax?

any help and what they are worth would be much appreciated... little on the net about them

cheers

04-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
glee46's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North of San Francisco, California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 596
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
I was at a used store and the lady showed me a sanwa xx( I think it was 80mm)-200mm F4 lens. not sure if it was for pentax but had the letters k/r (is that for k mount ricoh) does anyone know anything about this brand?
the build doesn't look that great but the optics as far as condition looks great. does K/R mean it's a K mount pentax?

any help and what they are worth would be much appreciated... little on the net about them

cheers
Yes, it's a Pentax Ricoh and it will work with your Pentax camera. However, there are some adjustment you might have to do. One is on a flange which come off easy with I think 2 screws. The other issue is what is called the Ricoh Pin. I've never had a problem with it at all, but it's not that hard to deal with either.

As far as the brand goes, that could be a toss up. From what I read, there are many lenses made by one manufacture. Then re branded.

And about the only way you can tell is to try it out. With that said, Sanwa is not a big brand name and more then likely the 80-200 f/4 is not going to be that great either. However, if you can get it for under $20, then it would be a great zoom to try out.
04-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
slip's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 2 hours north of toronto ontario canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,533
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
Yes, it's a Pentax Ricoh and it will work with your Pentax camera. However, there are some adjustment you might have to do. One is on a flange which come off easy with I think 2 screws. The other issue is what is called the Ricoh Pin. I've never had a problem with it at all, but it's not that hard to deal with either.

As far as the brand goes, that could be a toss up. From what I read, there are many lenses made by one manufacture. Then re branded.

And about the only way you can tell is to try it out. With that said, Sanwa is not a big brand name and more then likely the 80-200 f/4 is not going to be that great either. However, if you can get it for under $20, then it would be a great zoom to try out.
thanks might toss her 10 dollars and see what happens. my old sakaar lens I have for my old ricoh has a something similar to the pin but it is a small flat piece of plastic that would lock the lens in to my k10 and likely would not come back out. if I where to cut this piece off would it effect the functioning of the lens?
not a good lens but it goes from 60-300mm so it might have some use for birds etc.

cheers and thanks
04-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member
RioRico's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Limbo, California
Posts: 11,264
Ten bucks is about right. I might even go as high as US$15!
A Ricoh nub isn't a problem. A Ricoh pin, is, but can be dealt with.
I thought Sanwa was a bank? Maybe the lenses were account premiums?

04-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
glee46's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: North of San Francisco, California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 596
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
thanks might toss her 10 dollars and see what happens. my old sakaar lens I have for my old ricoh has a something similar to the pin but it is a small flat piece of plastic that would lock the lens in to my k10 and likely would not come back out. if I where to cut this piece off would it effect the functioning of the lens?
not a good lens but it goes from 60-300mm so it might have some use for birds etc.

cheers and thanks
It didn't effect my shots at all. There was a post here a while back where a guy did do some cutting on his and put the flange back on. I never really did understand it completely and since there was not a problem I didn't bother.

Even if it did get stuck on the k10 you can get them off. I've heard using a credit card to slide it in between where the pin is in the slot will work. Also, the tool that is used to put the gap in spark plugs will work as well.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax, pentax lens, sanwa, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keep K-x buy premium lens, get K-r and get good lens, get the K-7 w/ lens or K-5? crossover37 Pentax DSLR Discussion 19 02-06-2011 10:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:19 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top