Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sanwa lens?

I was at a used store and the lady showed me a sanwa xx( I think it was 80mm)-200mm F4 lens. not sure if it was for pentax but had the letters k/r (is that for k mount ricoh) does anyone know anything about this brand?
the build doesn't look that great but the optics as far as condition looks great. does K/R mean it's a K mount pentax?

any help and what they are worth would be much appreciated... little on the net about them

cheers

04-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
I was at a used store and the lady showed me a sanwa xx( I think it was 80mm)-200mm F4 lens. not sure if it was for pentax but had the letters k/r (is that for k mount ricoh) does anyone know anything about this brand?
the build doesn't look that great but the optics as far as condition looks great. does K/R mean it's a K mount pentax?

any help and what they are worth would be much appreciated... little on the net about them

cheers
Yes, it's a Pentax Ricoh and it will work with your Pentax camera. However, there are some adjustment you might have to do. One is on a flange which come off easy with I think 2 screws. The other issue is what is called the Ricoh Pin. I've never had a problem with it at all, but it's not that hard to deal with either.

As far as the brand goes, that could be a toss up. From what I read, there are many lenses made by one manufacture. Then re branded.

And about the only way you can tell is to try it out. With that said, Sanwa is not a big brand name and more then likely the 80-200 f/4 is not going to be that great either. However, if you can get it for under $20, then it would be a great zoom to try out.
04-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
Yes, it's a Pentax Ricoh and it will work with your Pentax camera. However, there are some adjustment you might have to do. One is on a flange which come off easy with I think 2 screws. The other issue is what is called the Ricoh Pin. I've never had a problem with it at all, but it's not that hard to deal with either.

As far as the brand goes, that could be a toss up. From what I read, there are many lenses made by one manufacture. Then re branded.

And about the only way you can tell is to try it out. With that said, Sanwa is not a big brand name and more then likely the 80-200 f/4 is not going to be that great either. However, if you can get it for under $20, then it would be a great zoom to try out.
thanks might toss her 10 dollars and see what happens. my old sakaar lens I have for my old ricoh has a something similar to the pin but it is a small flat piece of plastic that would lock the lens in to my k10 and likely would not come back out. if I where to cut this piece off would it effect the functioning of the lens?
not a good lens but it goes from 60-300mm so it might have some use for birds etc.

cheers and thanks
04-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Ten bucks is about right. I might even go as high as US$15!
A Ricoh nub isn't a problem. A Ricoh pin, is, but can be dealt with.
I thought Sanwa was a bank? Maybe the lenses were account premiums?

04-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
thanks might toss her 10 dollars and see what happens. my old sakaar lens I have for my old ricoh has a something similar to the pin but it is a small flat piece of plastic that would lock the lens in to my k10 and likely would not come back out. if I where to cut this piece off would it effect the functioning of the lens?
not a good lens but it goes from 60-300mm so it might have some use for birds etc.

cheers and thanks
It didn't effect my shots at all. There was a post here a while back where a guy did do some cutting on his and put the flange back on. I never really did understand it completely and since there was not a problem I didn't bother.

Even if it did get stuck on the k10 you can get them off. I've heard using a credit card to slide it in between where the pin is in the slot will work. Also, the tool that is used to put the gap in spark plugs will work as well.