Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Wow! I bought mine this January. I knew I was in a race against time but it looks like I just made it under the wire. I gotta think there are a few out there in some retailer's storeroom somewhere.
I was in San Francisco last month and hit every camera store downtown and there were lots of them....for canon and nikon

04-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Sigma 50-150 is the best lens in that range...but only one thing we have to aware..so many bad copy products. First time I buy, I returned because of back focus..I have tried 3 lens and finally got the right one...it's great lens with superb bokeh...
04-15-2011, 02:24 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vegabraveian Quote
Sigma 50-150 is the best lens in that range...but only one thing we have to aware..so many bad copy products. First time I buy, I returned because of back focus..I have tried 3 lens and finally got the right one...it's great lens with superb bokeh...
Don't know anywhere else, but here in Manila the exclusive distributor of Sigma calibrates your lens for free to your dslr body if the lens is purchased from them. FF/BF issues are common and can be readily solved with lens calibration.
04-15-2011, 04:12 AM   #34
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by vinceloc Quote
Don't know anywhere else, but here in Manila the exclusive distributor of Sigma calibrates your lens for free to your dslr body if the lens is purchased from them. FF/BF issues are common and can be readily solved with lens calibration.
I bought from general store in mall, yes..it's official guarantee by sigma co. dist including service, I just consider if so many products are having problem FF/BF...BF that happened to me is invisible if you use up f/4.5......and you will recognized when using 2.8 and shoot to focus chart and watch carefully...then you will see the BF..

Our distributor is always warn to the buyer to buy carefully or report immediately if something wrong with the lens....is common problem for third party lens..true..

but .. just not comfort if you buy the new one, you like the stuff but there is something wrong with it ...but that's the risk if we buy third party...we need just be careful

04-15-2011, 05:00 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vegabraveian Quote
Sigma 50-150 is the best lens in that range...but only one thing we have to aware..so many bad copy products. First time I buy, I returned because of back focus..I have tried 3 lens and finally got the right one
What I've discovered is that, rather than playing lens ping-pong with the retailer it's better to send the lens to Sigma for adjustment. I did that with my 50-150--they calibrated it for my K-5 and it's now sharp as a tack.
04-21-2011, 08:40 PM   #36
Veteran Member

The Siggy does street and abstract...