Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Sigma 50mm f2.8 K mount Macro 1:1

Hi, I just need to know if this lens will perform OK on my new Pentax K-r camera. I have good deal for use one but don't know how this lens will perform.I this lens is auto focus? or just please tell me more about this lens and should I buy this one or there is some better lens for macro 1:1 photography not so expensive?. Thanks.

04-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just bought one but have not been able to test it yet. It is manual focus not auto focus. It should have the A pin on the mount for the auto aperture. It does do 1:1 but since it is a 50mm the distance between the lens and the subject is small so you will have to be quite close to whatever you are photographing. Seems like there are alot of people that prefer manual focus for macro so that you can really isolate the focus exactly where you want it to be and not have to worry about where the camera thinks it should go.
04-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are at least a couple of different versions of this lens. I have this one: Sigma 50mm f2.8 Macro Lens Reviews - Pentax Third-Party Lens Review Database It works very well for me, especially for the price I paid. That one is manual focus. You'd have to enter the focal length manually for SR, and focus. Everything else works fine. I think it's an excellent lens.

There's also an autofocus version, sold new.
04-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks that's is good. I prefer manual focus for macro. Thanks I'm going to buy one.