Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are two problems with Photozone: (1) it does analysis based on a single lens. Now, that lens may or may not be a great copy, but whether or not, it is generalized to all of the lenses of that type. (2) Price is a factor in each review. I am fine with mentioning price, but prices change over time. What is important is really not what a lens costs, but where it ranks as far as optical/mechanical attributes. Then, readers can decide what they are willing to pay for.

As an example, the FA 50 when it was reviewed got three stars for optical qualities, but four and a half star for price/performance. At the time, the FA 50 cost around 200 dollars (less in some places). Now, it costs better than 350 dollars. Does that change the review? Who knows? Better just to leave price out of it and rank them based on their intrinsic qualities.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
half, k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens, star, stars