Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
About compatibility

Based on the wikipedia I can conclude that the most compatible DSLR body for the almost pattern of lens is
Olympus Four Thirds System
Well, not DSLR in fact, but using digital sensor and with bayonet, so with the rigth adapters, I will can use the vast of lenses (without glass correction for infinity focus) from Konica/Minolta/Olympus/Sony/Pentacon/Nikon/Canon/Pentax/Leica and all around they, am I right?
So, let me know if I am wrong, today is the best choose get an Olympus four thirds system, do let you choose the best lens for each situation (whatever the pattern of)?

For curious, I am owner of a Pentax K110D with some pentax K and others M42. As a hobbyst it is all ok at now, but I think seriously in get this as a way to make some extra money.
I consider, in flash, the 1/180 seg for sync some low in velocity, it could be at least 1/250.
The lens for pentax K and M42 I think there is wonderfull lens in many focal distances, but I lack some Carl Zeiss quality, mainly in wide apertures.

I almost be convinced to acquire a Canon 7D, but first I would be more explained by yours knowledge.
Regards all.

04-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yes, you can adapt more lenses to 4/3 than to Pentax, but the crop factor is 2x instead of 1.5x. So to get the equivalent of a normal lens on 135 you need a 24mm lens instead of a 35mm lens. Sony Alpha NEX is actually more compatible because it can almost get infinity focus out of a C mount lens, plus it uses an APS-C sensor so the crop factor is 1.5.

Last edited by boriscleto; 04-18-2011 at 06:32 PM.
04-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

For maximum lens-leeching, get a Sony NEX. No, it's not a dSLR, but you can fit almost ANYTHING to it; and it has an APS-C sensor, so your wide-angles don't turn into short tele's. The NEX register is under half a millimeter longer than CCTV / C-mount standard, so many TV / cine lenses can be finessed onto a NEX mount. I have a one-buck Filmova 15-25/1.2 that I'm dying to try out and NEX is the way. Think about having 15/1.2 available for a Pentax -- wowie zowie!! And 10/1 CCTV lenses are available pretty cheap.

I'm seriously considering a NEX when I have money again in a few months. I'm just afraid that LBA will consume me with a vengeance, leaving me lost under piles of cheap fast short lenses. Control... I must exercise self-control... I MUST! I MUST!

[/me is doomed]