Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
k-x lens to body service adjustment

Hi All,

I'm considering getting a particular lens adjusted to my k-x, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this, as I have a few questions.

Firstly, I have several lenses which all have some in-body adjustment applied... 3 at +20 and 1 at +80. Will getting the lens at +80 adjusted cause in to front-focus +20 if I do not send the other lenses in for adjustment?

Secondly, how much did it cost?

And, lastly, did the calibration work well?

Thanks to everyone.

04-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Moved from General Technical Troubleshooting: this looks more like a (Pentax) lens-related question.
08-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Found the 'Answer'

I have the camera at the Pentax Canada Service Centre.

They have told me that an adjustment can be made for a particular lens ID, and the camera will always focus properly with that lens, despite any debug offset applied.

Last edited by firefly; 08-12-2011 at 10:00 PM.
08-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just adjusted it myself in debug mode. The lens I needed to adjust for was FA 31, all my other lenses focus the same or better after the adjustment.

08-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
Forum Member

calibration is free if ur lens is under warranty..but you might wait awhile for it..i send my lens n body back to Japan to calibrate..after 1 mth..its still not back..
08-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Yamakasi Quote
calibration is free if ur lens is under warranty..but you might wait awhile for it..i send my lens n body back to Japan to calibrate..after 1 mth..its still not back..
Still waiting for mine too... this really is why I want that k-5!!! Well, this and the sensor!
08-17-2011, 01:55 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by firefly Quote
I have the camera at the Pentax Canada Service Centre.

They have told me that an adjustment can be made for a particular lens ID, and the camera will always focus properly with that lens, despite any debug offset applied.
even for kx?

08-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MegaPower Quote
even for kx?
Yes, I spoke to a technician on two separate occasions just to be sure. The K-x supports per lens adjustment, but only the service people have to ability to put the camera in this mode to input the value. I assume this is done only at a service centre so as to maintain the importance of the user-adjustment feature in the flagships models.
08-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by firefly Quote
Yes, I spoke to a technician on two separate occasions just to be sure. The K-x supports per lens adjustment, but only the service people have to ability to put the camera in this mode to input the value. I assume this is done only at a service centre so as to maintain the importance of the user-adjustment feature in the flagships models.
agreed. not sure if they adjust the lens to fit the body or the body to fit the lens..but i gotten back my FA 31 and k-x and it now focus perfectly