Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Today, I found buried treasure...

We just moved to a small college town in the mountains of Virginia. Beautiful for taking pictures. Awful for having camera shops with choices for purchasing things (especially Pentax). But today on the way back to the office from lunch, I walked past a shabby little store with Kodak signs on it called John's Camera Corner. He had some seriously old cameras in the window, so I thought i'd pop in. When I entered, it was wonderful. One of those old, cluttered shops with *everything*....including a wall with shelves filled with lenses.

I blew the next 30 minutes just looking at lenses. All older lenses, to be sure, no newer digital only lenses. But he has one Pentax M-50mm (not sure what the min/max aperture was) that's in pretty good shape. He doesn't have the rear lens cap, so it's a bit dusty. He had all kinds of stuff....Takumar, Pentax, Minolta, even some of the J.C. Penney lenses I see mentioned on here from time to time.

The owner wasn't there, however, just a sub. I'll have to go back and see if I can try out some of the lenses, and see how much he wants for the 50mm.

10-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #2

A very nice find indeed!

I have a 50/1.7 and really like the quality of the pix it can provide -- when I do my part!

Enjoy!/Scottax1
10-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ascavalier, I went to Virginia Tech (true, I flunked out, but I went there:-)). I was born and raised in Staunton, Va. I would love to see some of your pictures from that area.