Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to ask. What is a "wild lens." Do you have to beat the snott out of it with your monopod to get it back in the bag? Hysterical

04-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #32
Forum Member

I have both the FA 35 and 43..I prefer 43 pictures but if i only can bring 1 lens for walkabout..i will bring the FA 35 because i prefer that focal length better. 43 can be a bit tight
04-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had the 35 f2 before but sold it and get the FA43. both are very good lens but the 43 is superior with regards to exposure, bokeh and built/deisgn
04-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #34

I've used the FA35 and the FA50 for quite a while. Then decided to need something around 40mm. I chose the DA40 and I am absolute fine with it. It is very very fast (AF-wise), small and very well manifactured. The reason I did not go for the FA43 was its bokeh. Checking how often I need the extra f-stop of the FA43 (and considering that the DA40 is very good wide open) I do not regret my choice. Another alternative with good bokeh AND the extra stop is the Voigtlander 40mm, which is MF however.

BTW: Haven't used the FA35 since I bought the FA40...

04-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #35

Original Poster
Thanks a lot again to everyone.
So, I almost got FA43 limited. I mean I have ordered it with the local store, they contacted Pentax and today I got a mail from the store that Pentax informed them that FA43 is discontinued and Pentax will not ship it to the store. Do not know if this is true, but that what I got. Will buy it from B&H anyway. Just a not very good news.
04-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I have to ask. What is a "wild lens."
I still have no idea what a wild lens is. But I am pleased that someone regards the FA35 as being a wild lens. I always thought of it as a steady if somewhat boring lens. I shall now set it apart from my other lenses and look at it mistrustfully when the moon waxes.
04-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by yurko_yr Quote
So, I almost got FA43 limited. I mean I have ordered it with the local store, they contacted Pentax and today I got a mail from the store that Pentax informed them that FA43 is discontinued and Pentax will not ship it to the store. Do not know if this is true, but that what I got. Will buy it from B&H anyway. Just a not very good news.
B&H just got a brand new shipment of FA 43s and 31s this Wednesday. I know, because I was monitoring their stock status for awhile now: they've been out of stock for weeks, but a batch came in Wednesday afternoon.

Last edited by Cannikin; 04-29-2011 at 02:53 PM.
04-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I guarantee that you will never regret having this lens. Enjoy it for many years.

Rob

04-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #39

Original Poster
Thanks, Cannikin,
Just placed the order at B&H. Unfortunately my camera is still at Pentax for stain issue. So, I will get the lens and will be not able to test it for one more week hopefully.
And I really hope that Pentax is not going to discontinue this lens. But that what a person from our store said.
04-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

Fa43

I can't comment on the 35 but I have a FA43 and it is indeed a great lens. I find the reach of 43 is usually just right except when I'm on a forest trail. Often I'll have to back up a bit and then I'll get some twigs in the image. Of course that is when my 17-70 is more up to the task. The FA43 is light, fast, SDM worry free. It has a very popular 3D effect on subjects. I even like the unusual lens cap. This lens, as with the FA31, seems to be priced way to high but then again it will never wear out or need a motor replacement. It is built with uncompromising quality and that is often hard to find these days.
04-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks, Cannikin,
Just placed the order at B&H. Unfortunately my camera is still at Pentax for stain issue. So, I will get the lens and will be not able to test it for one more week hopefully.
And I really hope that Pentax is not going to discontinue this lens. But that what a person from our store said.
I would not take the word of some salesperson in a local store too seriously. If Pentax does decide to discontinue any lens, he probably will not be the first to know.