Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lens deal? If So Should I go for it?

Hey folks I came across some lenses for sale, they are being sold with some film bodies.
I don't know much about the bodies so if anyone has a clue about them feel free to chime in and give me some info on them.
1st compination~
Pentax ZX7 body with a Sigma 28~80mm F3.5 zoom lense, the lens and body in mint condition, they want 49 bux for it,

2nd Comnination (my favorite)~
Pentax body I didnt write down the model because I really was only interested in the lense, it looks to be made around the same time as the Zx7
The lense is a Tamron 28~200mm F3.8 ~ 5.6 it had this printed on it~AF Aspherical LD (if)
IT even had a zoom lock as well. They wanted 59 bux for this set up as well.

Both bodies had the manual and auto focus switch on them and were in very good condition. I couldnt even find any scratches or blemishes on the lenses either, they were clean with no dust in them and operated very smoothly.

Questions~
Will these lenses work on my Kx? will they work all automatically on it ie~ focus, aperture.
Will I have issues with them coming off a 35mm film camera?
Are these good prices? I am thinking of going and just offering 100 bux for both of them.
Which one is better? the sigma or the tamron?
I have heard that the Zx7 was a good film body.

Thanks in advance for any info or advice on this.

04-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I can't comment on the bodies. I had the Quantaray version of the Sigma 28-80, sold it because I didn't use it. Decent optics, as I recall. And I had the Tamron 28-200, very good lens, and again, I sold it because of disuse. With my F35-70 and DA18-250, who needs'em?

My Quantaray-Sigma was bid up to only US$20, but that was almost a year ago; it may be worth more now, check eBay COMPLETED LISTINGS -- and check the body prices there too. I sold my Tamron (very quickly!) with a buy-it-now of US$75, to a very happy buyer, just a few months ago. So the Sigma alone *might* be worth the asking price, and the Tamron is *definitely* worth more than what's asked.

I'll put on my camera/lens-trader hat: I would double-check the COMPLETED prices, and probably buy the whole lot, both bodies and lenses. Then I'd test the lenses, maybe sell the Sigma, probably sell at least one body, and get the Tamron for free. Something like that.
04-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the lenses work with other pentax bodies, they will work with the dslrs. If they're AF and auto-aperture lenses, then that will work as well.

See here for info on the lenses: Third-Party Lenses for Pentax - Pentax Third-Party Lens Review Database
And here for info on the bodies: Pentax Camera Reviews - Pentax K-R, Pentax K-5, K-x, K-7, and 645D DSLRs - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Check out Third-Party Lenses for Pentax - Pentax Third-Party Lens Review Database ; the models might be in there.

04-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
Site Supporter

I have that tamron, it is a nice lens, and well worth the prices stated. ZX-7 is a very nice AF body, can use any pentax k mount lens fully, but still isn't worth much. $49 isn't bad, though, with a lens to play with.