Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A lot of the wonderful landscape views that you see with wide angle lenses have a sufficient foreground component within the frame. Wide angle lenses tend to push things back so they can pull the edges in. That is one reason why a lot of landscape images are in the 24mm area as opposed to the wider angle lenses, along with being easier to obtain, as well as cheaper to buy.

Another way to take landscape images, is with the more normal traditional lenses 50mm and out to say 85mm. In this respect, you bypass trying to put something interesting in the foreground, and immediately go to the landscape at hand.

With longer focal length lenses you can also shoot details with in the overall landscape - and have it be a landscape unto itself.

So, I guess that brings us back to Marc's post - what set of focal lengths are of most interest to you?

04-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asdf Quote
Zeiss Distagon T* 21mm f/2.8 ZF for the k-mount.
the Zeiss line of lenses are no longer being made in Pentax K mount, isn't enough demand for them.
04-27-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
the Zeiss line of lenses are no longer being made in Pentax K mount, isn't enough demand for them.
But I just picked up a new Zeiss ZK 28/2 Distagon at PopFlash. Tony still has a few left.

R
04-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rich M Quote
But I just picked up a new Zeiss ZK 28/2 Distagon at PopFlash. Tony still has a few left.

R

That's where I bought all mine, too. Much better prices there than the big boys. I just checked and all they have left in K-mount are the 28/2 and the 50/2. Already have both, but those 2 and the 100/2 are all I wanted anyway. Gives me a nice MF kit that'll last me a lifetime.

04-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
That's where I bought all mine, too. Much better prices there than the big boys. I just checked and all they have left in K-mount are the 28/2 and the 50/2. Already have both, but those 2 and the 100/2 are all I wanted anyway. Gives me a nice MF kit that'll last me a lifetime.
I agree.....if only the 21/2.8 was still around.....I have it in the Canon mount and it is pretty special.

The 100/2.....I think I would have to sell my car.....
04-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rich M Quote
I agree.....if only the 21/2.8 was still around.....I have it in the Canon mount and it is pretty special.

The 100/2.....I think I would have to sell my car.....
Actually, the 100 and the 21 sold for the same price when they were available. I don't think either is available anywhere online now.