Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Getting lenses serviced

Hi all,
I have purchased some m 42 mount lenses ( super tak 55mm f1.8 and chinon 55mm 1.7 lenses) and want to know is there a repair shop where I can take them to get them serviced ( have the insides of the lenses cleaned for dust) at a reputable camera shop at a reasonable price? I wanted to have it done before the dust starts affecting the picture quality.

04-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Eric Hendrickson will do it, at least for the Takumar, his website it pentaxs.com.

However, if the lenses don't have any problems with IQ or dust right now, they probably don't need it (Unless there are aperture or focus helical issues).

Realistically if there isn't enough dust in the lens to impact IQ by now, it's very unlikely that the lenses will, during your ownership, accumulate enough dust to do so.
The Chinon 1.7 is quite well sealed, mine came in a lot with some horrifically treated equipment, and it has only ONE noticeable speck of dirt inside the lens, and is one of my sharpest lenses.
I would advise a few test shots, and if you STILL want to have them cleaned, contact Eric.
04-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Ditto for Eric. He does a great job and is reasonable