Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
see, these images and reviews just aren't fair!!

Here I am debating on lower end glass- the 50-200, an pfaj 75-300....and then i see these...sure, the price range is a bit higher....but loving the images, and it makes me reconsider the glass purchases...

ugh....where's that winning lottery ticket when I need it!

11-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #47
Inactive Account

I simply sold one of my kids and poof!.......50-135

What?..... I got 3 kids..
11-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I will not be eating for a while, but hey...I need to loose weight anyway..
11-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magnum1 Quote
I simply sold one of my kids and poof!.......50-135

What?..... I got 3 kids..
So you could have two more star lenses. :-)

11-11-2007, 08:34 AM   #50
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
You know I love your pictures Ben. I really do. I was refering to Matix comments on Tom. I think that you both are great photographers, of course I have my preferences but I wont tell this work is better than this other or where are your pictures or my **ck is bigger than yours. I think that somebody with lots of experience can discern if a lens is good or not faster than an unexperienced one, but I also understand that an interested part is not the person to trust when that person is trying to sell items. Now, if you tell me your opinion on, say, the Zeiss Flektagon 20 f4 I will believe every point and I will adore you even more.
11-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
You know I love your pictures Ben. I really do. I was refering to Matix comments on Tom. I think that you both are great photographers, of course I have my preferences but I wont tell this work is better than this other or where are your pictures or my **ck is bigger than yours. I think that somebody with lots of experience can discern if a lens is good or not faster than an unexperienced one, but I also understand that an interested part is not the person to trust when that person is trying to sell items. Now, if you tell me your opinion on, say, the Zeiss Flektagon 20 f4 I will believe every point and I will adore you even more.
Just a note that I think I pointed out earlier in this thread (or another) about Ben's position with respect to Hawking Pentax gear... Ben has been on the money with his comments and he appears to have made some impact on Pentax on behalf of all other Pentax users.

More importantly to me, is that Ben...on this very forum... made it clear that he was dissatisfied with performance from the DA 21 from a certain production run. He called it like it was and didn't mince his words. To me that clearly shows that Ben's comments pertain to what a lens "can" or "can't do" and not just a pitch to be a salesman for the lenses and camera bodies.

Clearly Ben's work speaks for what Pentax is capable of doing. BEN... keep up the work and keep posting some of you new work.

Stephen
11-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have been reading this thread with interest. Some of the Photos are just breathtaking.
No wonder many are singing the praises of this lens, and rightly so.
Pricey? I see that in a previous posting the price advertised was approx $850 US.
Unbelievably, in Australia its selling for almost $1400US. Guess whose getting ripped off?
Us Aussies as usual!

11-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Bruce, I have a friend who is in America until March. I am thinking of giving her my hard-earned and having her purchase the lens and bring it back with her. She'll do it for free so that means about $500AUD in my pocket!

Is this an option for you?
11-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Yikes!

I just rediscovered this thread.

My apologies for questioning extravagantly favourable comments made by someone who has a vested interest in promoting a product.

Silly me!

"OK...I have had it "LUSK"...In your 600 and some "Odd" posts you have not posted "1" Photo..I mean not a one."

My, my, "BENJIKAN"- Not a one, huh? I suggest you get your eyes checked. With the exception of Stu, I've probably posted as many photos as any board member. Hmmmm...
maybe you're confusing me with RH?

"So when I SAY that I think a lens is amazing, that is what I think...Now if I say so, that means that I will use it for pro applications."

You, Sir, seem a little touchy.

Nowhere did I question the quality of this lens. I only questioned your 10 minute evaluation. Actually, this may just be the best product that Pentax has come out with recently.

I was also surprised that Pentax would not have given their pro photographer the first lens off the ol' conveyor belt. Who better to field test a new product?

"Now if that is not sufficient for you that is fine by me..But don't break my F'ing balls for stating my F'ing Opinion..Get it?"

Please don't blame me for your health problems. Obviously a pre-existing condition.
11-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice going Tom. Bait him until he replies, then slam him with sarcasm...

We don't really need this kind of discourse here, IMO.
11-12-2007, 06:24 PM   #56
Veteran Member

I think the lens is fabulous beyond belief! Here is why:

Full image:

100% crop

And again

Full Image:

100% crop:

No lens I have ever used be it Canon, Sony or Nikon has that resolving capability at 100% crop period! I've tested all the great Canon L lenses here in the camera store I work at and those images prove my point over and over again.

If you want to argue I'll say it now, you'll lose.

Last edited by codiac2600; 11-12-2007 at 06:34 PM.
11-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
I think the lens is fabulous beyond belief! Here is why:

Full image:

100% crop

And again

Full Image:

100% crop:

No lens I have ever used be it Canon, Sony or Nikon has that resolving capability at 100% crop period! I've tested all the great Canon L lenses here in the camera store I work at and those images prove my point over and over again.

If you want to argue I'll say it now, you'll loose.
No regret on my part...I love my new lens...

May I ask..What is meant by a 100% crop?
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #58
Veteran Member

100% crop means the image is just zoomed in 100% and I snipped a piece off to show.

The images of eyes are cropped from the image above them, not a seperate picture.
11-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
100% crop means the image is just zoomed in 100% and I snipped a piece off to show.

The images of eyes are cropped from the image above them, not a seperate picture.
Thank you very much..Those pics are breath taking...I feel bad for posting mine
11-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Agreed!

I agree, Jim.

Life's too short.

But when someone says something that is flat out wrong (600 "ODD" posts and not 1 photo???), I'll reply.