Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Portable Kit

I know that the question of portable lens kits has been asked time and again, but I notice that they all lack some of the factors that I want.

I want a film capable AF and/or SDM (or third party equivalent) lens for snapshots,
A long telephoto of faster than 5.6,
A [similar to kit, but with higher IQ] wide-angle (20-28mm range (preferably prime (hints similar to kit instead of kit)),
and a fisheye,
and all for 10-25 percent retail at the time, with some degree of leniency or accompanied by good reasoning.

I also want my back to still work when an average trip is over. (with slight leniency)

05-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

When you hear reindeer hooves on your roof, you'll know Santa Claus has arrived with your fantasies.
No hoof-sounds? Sorry, your wishes will remain unfulfilled.
05-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
No, I have never gotten a lens for more than that percent of retail. It's no fantasy. I have yet to detect an IQ problem at 100% crop. Or 200% for that matter. Hearing that, would someone like to add something constructive?
05-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Okay. That has failed to yield results... oh well. It's (in my experience) always best to ask for cheap and work the price range up. And by retail, I mean retail of the current equivalents for A, KA, M, and F lenses.