Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2007, 03:30 AM   #16
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by dmadden Quote
All of that said. At this time I still cant find the sigma in stock anywhere and i'm not going to bid on a second hand lens. I want a new lens and I dont know if the pentax60-250 will come out in my lifetime. So it looks like canon about now.
Regarding finding one in stock: You won't. They don't make it for Pentax any more. At all. And any left in shops' stock have been snapped up (if they get listed online they are usually gone within a couple of days if not hours)... personally I don't see the problem in getting a second-hand lens as long as it's in good condition (these ones are well-built). Personally I'm going to wait and see what's available next year (from Pentax, Sigma and Tamron), but since you already have a Canon dSLR I agree it probably makes more sense to buy a fast tele zoom for that now.