Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Sdm da* 50-135

Hey.. Anyone have this problem before? My 50-135 won't focus at infinity. Everything under 30 feet is mine. SDM is quiet and fast (when the subject isn't moving). Pictures are sharp, but if more then 30 feet away when the lens is at infinity... nothing, no focus. Doesn't even try.

If you say it's bad and needs to be fixed, I have a second question.

The lens should still be under warranty. Only bought it 4 months ago. But I bought it via dell.com. I know... sounds crazy but I did. I have a premier account and hey had 1 left. So I don't really have a paper receipt. I'm not even finished paying for it yet I have the box and the little sheet of paper with the serial number. Is that good enough to get it repaired under warranty? I guess I could just call dell or the repair place but it's easier to type it here while I'm still thinking about it.

And finally, are there better service centers then others? I'm in the states, in Michigan.

Thanks...

05-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #2

you can't print the confirmation e-mail or something?
05-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hawk1500 Quote
you can't print the confirmation e-mail or something?
Im sure I could. I'll just call a service center and find out for sure. I just added it to the post to see if anyone else has gone down the exact same road as I and what to expect.
05-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've ordered from Dell before and this is how you get your invoice (i.e. receipt).

1. Log into your Dell acount.
2. There should be a section called "My Orders". Click on the "Order Status" hyperlink in that section.
3. The next page will show orders from the last 45 days. If you don't see your order listed, change it to display orders from "Last 2 Years".
4. Click on the hyperlink of the order number that you purchased the 50-135mm lens.
5. You should now be on the "Order Details" page. On the right hand side, there's a section called "Related Information" with another link where you can "Request an Invoice". Click on that and print it out. That's your receipt for any warranty work.