Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stills999 Quote
I tested the lens focus against my 77mm. It seems that the front focus on my microwave was due to my camera having front focus in indoor light. (K-R is known for indoor FF issues it seems.)
I wouldn't have thought it would be to the extreme shown in your test chart shots, though. Dumb question, but are you sure you had selected the center focus point on those?

QuoteQuote:
(Not sure why the color balance is off so much indoors ... i did not check the setting at the time.)
It's pretty common for AWB to be conservative in orangish light - otherwise, it would tend to render scenes that are really are orangish as less colorful than you'd like.

05-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #32

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Dumb question, but are you sure you had selected the center focus point on those?

Yes, I can confirm that the camera has been on center focus exclusively (using a tripod). I've re-tested quite a few times and am seeing very consistent results. When I set the 'AF Fine Adjustment to -8' both the chart and other shots consistenly look much better while indoors.

Keep in mind the K-R is known for FF problems, so my results don't seem to surprising..?
05-06-2011, 08:00 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I just hadn't realized it would be to that extreme.
05-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #34

Original Poster
Beach Audio called me and offered an exchange or credit (I took the credit as the lens is working fine for me).

They seemed genuinely surprised that this happened and did not even ask me to change the poor rating I had given them on amazon. I' could be wrong, but it seems this was not intentional. They otherwise have good reviews...

Thanks all for the help!