Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Where can I find 77LTD pouch and caps

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I am so excited. I have bought a 77LTD Silver from a member. Only thing it is missing are the orginal caps and the pouch I guess it comes in. Anyone point me in a direction to find orginal stuff? Thanks signed anxiously waiting in MA.

11-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pat, unless you are wanting the pouch for a resell set or just to have the set as original then don't worry about it. The pouch is a pain IMO they flare out at the top and don't really fit in the camera bag well. Just get one of those draw string round pouches. The caps can sometimes be found on Fleabay almost any week. I bought a few there.
11-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Just a thought vievetrick,

Fishing stores have some really nice neoprene fly reel pouches for about $10 - $15, which might just work nicely for it.
11-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I've seen the black version of the cap at B&H for $25. I'm searching for one for the 31, which my one-year-old seems to have lost. Mental note: do not leave lens cap on coffee table. EVER.

11-02-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good luck finding one.

In my experience, the genuine Pentax lens cap for the FA 31mm Limited lens is impossible to find in the US. After months of unsuccessful searching for a replacement cap for my FA31, I finally was able to get one through a friend who travels to Japan. He found a camera shop there which ordered it from Pentax Japan, and he brought it back for me. Cost was $15.

Pentax US was less than helpful; they kept sending me the standard FA-style pinch cap (twice!), insisting that this was the right part, rather than the felt-lined special cap for the Limited lens. They had no part number for the FA31 cap and evidently were not willing/able to order one from the Mother Ship in Tokyo without it. The strange thing is that these caps seem to be available outside of Japan in the Far East - I've seen them mentioned in forums by folks in these countries. Why can't Pentax US, with our huge market, do as well?

IMO you might as well order the FA style pinch cap from B&H and be done with it.

EDIT - I see that B&H does carry the lens cap for the 43mm and 77mm Limiteds, but not the one for the 31mm Limited.

Last edited by jamesk8752; 11-02-2007 at 08:46 PM.
11-03-2007, 06:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all and James I will be heading to the B&H site today. Stu do you have a picture of one of those pouches or a link to t he ones your are talking about? Thanks again all.
11-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's a sample taken from Ebay that will work just fine. I prefer these types for the camera bag as they are easy to get the lens in and out. You can jam them in a pocket and the camera bag does the rest of the protection. The hard cases are good but just slower and more cumbersome to deal with IMO

Leather Soft Lens Pouch/Case Canon Nikon Pentax ALL SIZ - (eBay item 320175969508 end time Nov-04-07 18:40:58 PST)

04-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I got my new FA 31mm but I don't want to use the original cap so it won't get lost.

Where can I find a generic cap to use instead ? (question is because of the good...)
Thanks in advance
04-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by netuser Quote
I got my new FA 31mm but I don't want to use the original cap so it won't get lost.

Where can I find a generic cap to use instead ? (question is because of the good...)
Thanks in advance
Just order the 58mm FA style pinch cap (or get a 58mm Tamron cap with the "internal pinch" style) from B&H - it will do a fine job and you'll shed no tears if you lose it.

Regards, Jim
04-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is currently one 43mm pouch on eBay. I believe it is the same size as 77mm pouch. You may want to take a look before I grab it. I don't really need it though but the brown color is cute.
04-13-2009, 02:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jamesk8752 Quote
Just order the 58mm FA style pinch cap (or get a 58mm Tamron cap with the "internal pinch" style) from B&H - it will do a fine job and you'll shed no tears if you lose it.

Regards, Jim
Due to my location I must use Ebay for this purchases.

Is this the right one ?

58mm Center Pinch Snap on Front Cap for Lens / Filters - eBay (item 230306996396 end time May-10-09 07:48:12 PDT)