Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I'm pausing (but not cancelling yet) my purchase. I think I will love this lens, as you all said, it's a GREAT lens. I'm pausing because of my another purchase have arrived today, and as you can see although not an AF lens, but it offers 'something', enough to make me pausing for a few moments

I have made a special thread about it here.

I have yet to give this outdoor test, hoping that the weather is clear tomorrow. It arrives boxed, complete with booklet and documents, appears almost unused. The funny thing is that this lens, while being a "Makinon Phase II Series" like the booklet suggest, its not even listed in the booklet. The one that is listed has a constant aperture of F3.5 with 62mm filter size, while my copy is constant F2.8 with 72mm filter size. There is no existing internet reference I could find about this particular lens.

Last edited by minahasa; 05-24-2011 at 09:20 PM.
05-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lepiallou Quote
I understood that SV is the cheap version of the 270PRO but in the photozone test it seems to me that the 270SV is doing better with distortion and vignetting than the 270PRO.

Am I right ?
lepiallou,

I can't advise whether you're right or wrong, but if these mentioned parameters are that much important for you then I have to say that:
- they do not differ that much
- sample-to-sample variation is much greater
- - especially when dealing with second-hand copies
- your mileage may vary but I (FWIW) do not pay any attention to these specs if they're below a certain threshold. None of the lens tested there hit that () threshold. The same goes for sharpness - if it's sharp enough then I don't care how exactly sharp it is

But as already said your mileage may vary.

Zig