Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #1

Repair of F50mm f/1.7

Hi everyone, I own a great Pentax F 50mm f/1.7 lens.
Its optically great but it suffered the notorious noisy AF, so i decided to open it and fix it, which was a bad idea. Because I accidentally broke the electrical paper which connects the electrical compartments. Im not sure what this green paper is called officially, but here is a photo of it:

broken part

Now im searching for a replacement part for this, Ive been contacting Pentax directly, asahiphoto.co.uk and searched eBay but unfortunately I cant find it.
So my question is, does anyone know where I could get this part, or maybe even better has an idea how to fix this? I would be very glad if I would be able to fix this great lens!

Thank you in advance

05-13-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bas.K Quote
Hi everyone, I own a great Pentax F 50mm f/1.7 lens.
Its optically great but it suffered the notorious noisy AF, so i decided to open it and fix it, which was a bad idea. Because I accidentally broke the electrical paper which connects the electrical compartments. Im not sure what this green paper is called officially, but here is a photo of it:

broken part

Now im searching for a replacement part for this, Ive been contacting Pentax directly, asahiphoto.co.uk and searched eBay but unfortunately I cant find it.
So my question is, does anyone know where I could get this part, or maybe even better has an idea how to fix this? I would be very glad if I would be able to fix this great lens!

Thank you in advance
Try Eric he may be able to help.

Web site: Home

Phil.
05-13-2011, 12:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you for your quick response I sent him an email!
05-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Try Eric he may be able to help.

Web site: Home

Phil.
I second Phil, Eric is the guy.

I have some lenses fixed by him and he does a great job.

05-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
The only other way I can think of is to get another with damaged lens element(s) and make a good one out of the 2 bad ones.

Kim
05-15-2011, 03:55 AM   #6

Original Poster
Eric does have this part in stock, so I'll order it soon. Thank you for the help all