Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just got a DA 70 Ltd.

Just got a DA 70 Ltd. So far so good. Not had much time to try it out yet, but it seems sharp for the few test shots I've done so far. Not the silver one, but it's close to being mint. One thing that surprised me was that even with the lens set to auto focus, if the camera is not focusing, the screw drive seems to disengage, and you can turn the focusing ring without forcing the focusing motor. I thought that was a cool feature. Boy is it ever a small lens also. Never thought a 70mm could be so small, especially being that it's F2.4

05-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

If you take the hood off of that lens, it's an amazing street lens. No one will suspect that a tele lens could be that small, so you can take fantastic candids while holding the camera right up to your face.
05-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
Just got a DA 70 Ltd. So far so good. Not had much time to try it out yet, but it seems sharp for the few test shots I've done so far. Not the silver one, but it's close to being mint. One thing that surprised me was that even with the lens set to auto focus, if the camera is not focusing, the screw drive seems to disengage, and you can turn the focusing ring without forcing the focusing motor. I thought that was a cool feature. Boy is it ever a small lens also. Never thought a 70mm could be so small, especially being that it's F2.4
That is the quick shift feature and should be present on all DA lenses (but not DA L lenses) and yes, it comes in really handy sometimes.
05-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Didn't even realize the hood came off. I just thought it was built in. Boy is it ever small once you take that off. COOL!

05-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
Heh, first DA lens eh? Like Rondec says, all DA/D FA lenses (except the DA Ls) can be manually focused even in AF mode (although the implementation is a little different in the SDM/DC lenses).

Now if only the FA limiteds had it...
05-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My favorite lens. Its not just for portraits. It takes pretty good landscapes too. If it has a fault, it is that it cannot focus close. So no near macro shots with this lens.
05-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Love the DA70... enjoy it! I traded mine away but have another on it's way for next week
05-14-2011, 05:10 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Its a great lens. Enjoy it.

Tom G