Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2011, 03:53 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would worry about the resale value also. I think I would return it, that's an expensive lens and should not have spots like that. I thought they quit making the ZK mount, and if it is fungus from storage it will only get worse.

05-15-2011, 03:59 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
I would worry about the resale value also. I think I would return it, that's an expensive lens and should not have spots like that. I thought they quit making the ZK mount, and if it is fungus from storage it will only get worse.
Yap. my mind is made in trying a third copy now. <;

It's the last existing stock on shelves - yes, you probably can't find them new very soon I guess.
05-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by scorpioh Quote
It's the last existing stock on shelves - yes, you probably can't find them new very soon I guess
Aye that's because you've got 'em all.

But seriously for a moment, I'm sure that Zeiss will step up to the plate and resolve this issue for you. As already stated by interested_observer, this is an expensive quality lens, made by Zeiss, a top manufacturer, let us know how you get on, good luck.
05-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kim C Quote
Condensation?

Kim
That was my first thought as well, particularly given that you are in the tropics. Internal fogging can result in fine spots like this. That being said, I would still take the matter up with Zeiss in case it really is a lens quality issue.

Steve

05-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There are shops in Singapore that carry Zeiss. Regardless of mount, I would swing by to see if any of their lenses show similar problems. That would rule out climate conditions at least. They might also have an opinion on what is going on with your present copy.

05-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That was my first thought as well, particularly given that you are in the tropics. Internal fogging can result in fine spots like this. That being said, I would still take the matter up with Zeiss in case it really is a lens quality issue.

Steve
Thanks. <: Actually, on the other hand, I have never had such an issue with any other lenses (including a couple of other zk's). Moreover, it arrived like this, straight from the brand new packaging.