Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #271
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jstevewhite Quote
How do you like the E-P1?
Love-Hate. I like the form factor etc. I am just now getting the hang of it. I have had it since Nov.

05-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #272

re: the 28mm f2 - it's a cracker. *very* sharp (famous Nat Geo story about a pics editor asking a photog what lens he shot a particular spread with - a question he reputedly "never asked, but felt compelled to because the image was SO sharp) and VERY contrasty, some say TOO contrasty.

bokeh not great wide open, and in general, it's not great at f2. but from f2.8 and down? holy hell. awesome. never selling mine. and the beautiful thing about it on Oly bodies anyway, is you could set the aperture ring 'between' stops and still get the stepless shutter speeds. combined with the multi-spot meter, this yielded(s) nearly flawless results in any sufficient lighting.

but i digress. OBLIGATORY PENTAX LTD CONTENT: i am in love with the DA15 because it reminds me more of the WA Zuikos than any other lens. hoping the 31 will recall/surpass the 40 and fast 50s, even if it can't match them for compactness.
05-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #273
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zuikoholic Quote
re: the 28mm f2 - it's a cracker. *very* sharp (famous Nat Geo story about a pics editor asking a photog what lens he shot a particular spread with - a question he reputedly "never asked, but felt compelled to because the image was SO sharp) and VERY contrasty, some say TOO contrasty.

bokeh not great wide open, and in general, it's not great at f2. but from f2.8 and down? holy hell. awesome. never selling mine. and the beautiful thing about it on Oly bodies anyway, is you could set the aperture ring 'between' stops and still get the stepless shutter speeds. combined with the multi-spot meter, this yielded(s) nearly flawless results in any sufficient lighting.

but i digress. OBLIGATORY PENTAX LTD CONTENT: i am in love with the DA15 because it reminds me more of the WA Zuikos than any other lens. hoping the 31 will recall/surpass the 40 and fast 50s, even if it can't match them for compactness.
DA15 is my next LBA outlet.

I remember those ... features. Damn the metering on those OM cameras was good. Canon didn't come close until the T90 ( I loved the multi-tap spotmetering they finally got right after Oly had it for ... years ). I used an OM2n for a while with my "imitation 4x5" recipe: Tech Pan in Technidol, spot meter, and a really sharp lens; I think it was a 35mm f2.
09-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #274
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since we're on the topic of Olympus lenses ... has anyone used the Zuiko OM 100/2.8, 50/3.5 macro, 35/2.8, 200/5.0 and 50/1.8 with digital or film? Crap or snap?

I'm trying to decide whether they're worth keeping and converting to Pentax, IF they are outstanding in some way or another (as I have not used them on film myself).

QuoteOriginally posted by jstevewhite Quote
Well, it needed to be sharp for that little bitty film format; the Zeiss and Schneider on the Hassies and Rolleis had more room to breath...

J/K. I loved the Zuiko lenses. Particularly the finish on the focus ring. I always thought theirs was the best of the bunch. The coatings were lovely, too, and of course you can't criticize the images they made!

And though NASA is a far more august body, it's worth noting that one of the magazines said about the Tamron "Nobody needs a lens this sharp"

Last edited by photocanadian; 09-29-2011 at 06:47 AM.
10-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #275

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by krendel154 Quote
Dgaies, when I will buy it and my wife will kick me out from the house Pentaxforums should provide shelter for me and my FA31
Maybe we could form a community.I think Im going to get kicked out as well.
10-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #276
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by campdog Quote
Maybe we could form a community.I think Im going to get kicked out as well.
If you're going to get kicked out for buying the FA31, make it worthwhile and buy all 3 FA ltds

Last edited by twitch; 10-06-2011 at 04:41 PM.