Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #1

Will this lens work with my camera

Hi

Hopefully somebody can help me out. I am interested in buying a second hand lens for my beloved Pentax SFXn. Unfortunatley I am not sure if the lens will work fullly on my SFXn.

the lens is a Pentax SMC FA J 75-300mm 1:4.5-5.8 Autofocus Lens.

Your asistance would be appreciated.

05-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, it should be able to work. You won't be able to use Av mode, however, as the lens lacks an aperture ring.

See our camera compatibility chart: The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

And the reviews/specs of this lens: SMC Pentax-FA J 75-300mm F4.5-5.8 AL Reviews - Pentax Lens Reviews & Pentax Lens Database

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Adam.

A very useful responce. I have been away from my camera for some time and will need to remind myself about the Av function.

Glen