Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
So reviving an old thread....does anyone know if anyone posted pictures of the RioRico mod mentioned above? I have a few Yashica lenses I want to mod, and i think I get his process, but some good visual evidence would make me feel more comfortable. Thanks.

08-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
i ended buying a canon 5d. it is cheaper than convert my contax lenses.
08-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
i ended buying a canon 5d. it is cheaper than convert my contax lenses.
+1

The 5d classic is a steal for FF these days.
03-01-2014, 01:52 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Another PK lens in the making

To resurrect this thread once more, I'm in the process of converting a Sigma 180 F2.8 Apo Macro (the old, mf one) from c/y mount to pk. The initial plan was just to swap bayonets so the camera would still operate the aperture lever and allow for open-aperture metering, but as the aperture lever on the lens was bent and sticking I decided to remove it all to be compatible also with my 5d mkII. It's pretty straight forward with simply removing the mount and scrapping the control levers and other unnecessary bits. Aperture ring stays untouched, so it's not much fiddling around with it.

I had 3 potential donor pk bayonets from various crappy old lenses and tc's, but none of the fit well so I had to cannibalise my beloved K55 1.8, which has a very similar bayonet and only needs re-drilling of 2 holes for the mount screws. That stage awaits for tomorrow, as I need to get to a machine shop because.

Made a few quick test shots with only one mount screw in to try infinity, and it looks it's more or less spot on, so really looking forward to do some proper pics with it. For now it looks really sharp eve at 2.8 with really nice colour rendition.