Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
Personally, I would have found it perhaps more informative if you had kept the subject size the same for all the shots.

But nice work.

Thanks,
Cameron
I am sure that would have been more helpful but I felt too lazy to do that. May be next time if there is one!

05-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
I think the FA 31 is much more impressive on film.

On digital, it's simply a 1000 dollar fast-50.

I love 50's, because they look great, and they are cheap.

Cheap.
All of the FA limiteds are impressive on film. I particularly love the 77's portraits on film. It is amazing that the DA 40 works well on film too (no vignetting-I think this is common knowledge around here thanks to Adam's K mount site).
05-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ahab Quote
The DA40 on your camera is clearly producing the better image. Too much Malbec can distort sight.
I downed the Malbec after taking the pictures!
As robo pointed out the DA 40 packs some contrast which may appeal to some (had to edit that sentence, too much Malbec maybe?) of us.
05-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
I think the FA 31 is much more impressive on film.

On digital, it's simply a 1000 dollar fast-50.
No it's not. Even on an APS-C digital sensor, it has unique rendering qualities and character in addition to exceptional sharpness and superb build quality. Some people appreciate the differences and are willing to pay for them. You do not and are not. Fine, buy whatever suits you, but don't make unfounded statements such as the one above.

Rob

05-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nick Siebers Quote
I am pretty sure violini was just trolling. If not, I want to know which $12 lens I should be after!
Yes, I agree. This was a nice informal comparison, and I was surprised to see violini's comment because he own's a 43. Unless his photographic skills aren't very developed, maybe he hasn't experienced the joy and magic that comes from using the FA 43, or any other FA Limited.

I haven't owned the 31 so I can't say it's only worth $12. But the images I see from the lens, both on digital and film, argue it's worth much more.
05-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
I've only tried their Classic Pale Ale when I was in Colorado, I was there on vacation and brought a six pack back in my luggage--the only time I've ever done that.

I was travelling with my wife and my girls, who were 6 months and 2 years old at the time, so I probably should've had better things to do, but I have no regrets--I've never found it up here in Canada.

I still keep an empty bottle and the box, that Ralph Steadman label is art, man!
Flying Dog now has its brewery in Maryland after buying out the Wild Goose facilities. I got to go on a brewery tour once there and try some of their stuff that rarely makes it to store shelves. They have a particularly nice nitro.
05-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Flying Dog now has its brewery in Maryland after buying out the Wild Goose facilities. I got to go on a brewery tour once there and try some of their stuff that rarely makes it to store shelves. They have a particularly nice nitro.
Road trip!