Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Older Pentax Glass

With much regret, I am probably going to have to "thin" my collection and I will need to sort it out over the next few weeks.

I have seen several threads asking about the older Pentax glass and how it compares especially. Would there be any interest if I took a "standard" shot with each lens. I could upload the full JPGs to my website if anyone wanted to download them for a comparison. I don't intend to do a full in depth comparative test. However, it might be easier for people to compare glass if the shots were similar.

At a rough count I have about 20 versions of the "Std" lens ranging from the 58/2.4 on the Asahi Pentax to the 50/1.2 Special on the LX2000. I could also add about 6 or so Std Fujinons.

Outside of that there are the 35's (about 6 including the 35/2.3 Auto), 5 100's, about 8 135's and 5 or so 200's.

Kim

05-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

We eagerly await your list (text only is OK). Or just ship them all to me; I'll help empty your closet for no extra charge. I'm generous that way.
05-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kim C Quote
With much regret, I am probably going to have to "thin" my collection and I will need to sort it out over the next few weeks.

I have seen several threads asking about the older Pentax glass and how it compares especially. Would there be any interest if I took a "standard" shot with each lens. I could upload the full JPGs to my website if anyone wanted to download them for a comparison. I don't intend to do a full in depth comparative test. However, it might be easier for people to compare glass if the shots were similar.

At a rough count I have about 20 versions of the "Std" lens ranging from the 58/2.4 on the Asahi Pentax to the 50/1.2 Special on the LX2000. I could also add about 6 or so Std Fujinons.

Outside of that there are the 35's (about 6 including the 35/2.3 Auto), 5 100's, about 8 135's and 5 or so 200's.

Kim
Keep the 58! and the 1.2. Or just mail me the 58...

Also where did 5 short teles come from? I have a hard time finding things in the 80-110 range...
05-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Kim_C
I hope your old collection stays intact somehow.
Maybe you could use SLR with fine grain film to differentiate "standard/similar shots" you mention and archive somehow as is being discussed on another thread.
Unless you do it extra-ordinarily, even the best dslr and putting raw or jpgs or scans on the web would be like mixing fine scotch with lemonade in terms of differentiation.

05-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear you have to sell any of such a collection!

All older Pentax glass is in high demand, commanding high prices, some fetches more than the original new price, sometimes accounting for inflation(!). From the brief description, you have several (many?) rare and valuable pieces.

Not many, not nearly enough, examples from these fine lenses are yet posted online, imho, nor photos of these lenses. Please post the photos on your website and publish the link here!