Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2006, 01:27 AM   #1

Tamron 70-300 Di Macro & focus

Today I got my Tamron 70-300 Di Macro. On initial testing, I pointed it at a wallpaper style scene (ie sky & hills) which should be at infinity, but the lens started focusing closer and closer until the scene is a blur at the focus is at 1.5m.

focusing it on a closer tree, the AF worked fine. focusing it on a chimney at infinity with floral patterns painted on (high contrast) worked fine too)

So I thought I had a bad copy. then it occurs to me that I was on multi-pt AF mode and the original scene had probably too little contrast for it to focus! changing it to spot, it AF'ed to infinity correctly on the original scene.

Is this normal? I shall post up the shots soon.

this is the scene with the AF problem:

And this one is fine:

Last edited by shoey; 12-14-2006 at 02:16 AM.
12-28-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
Forum Member

are you satisfied with your tamron? is the macro feature ok? i am in the market for a zoom lens and still thinking whether to get the pentax 50-200 zoom lens or the tamron with macro capability. since you have it i might as well take advantage of your first hand experience. appreciate the help.

thanks,
cruiserlan2000
12-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
Forum Member

See also this thread...

QuoteOriginally posted by cruiserlan2000 Quote
are you satisfied with your tamron? is the macro feature ok? i am in the market for a zoom lens and still thinking whether to get the pentax 50-200 zoom lens or the tamron with macro capability. since you have it i might as well take advantage of your first hand experience. appreciate the help.

thanks,
cruiserlan2000
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/1799-70-300mm-...omparison.html