Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
Veteran Member

As we've said already ... you can't go wrong with any of them.

However for the Pentax you don't really need to set up a spreadsheet - sa Edgar said, the focus limiter IS a BIG DEAL. It's a real pain when you miss focus and the lense finds something in the ether whilst you tap your fingers waiting for it to come back into range. If you can live with that then get the WR version if not either the Sigma or Tammy are both superb lenses WITH Focus Limiters.

06-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Oh well, after all the indecision, I finally bought a lens and it was not any of my initial choices!

Browsing through ebay, I came across an old film camera with a Cosina 100mm F1:3.5 MC Macro included, and managed to pick up the camera and lens for 113 - the matched adapter is included..
Im gutted as I just missed out on another camera with the FA 28-70 zoom lens which went for 35!!

Will post some macro's up once my lens arrives, Im sure they will be a bit basic, but this is a learning process...

Thx
06-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Ok - its here, and it is a classic..
The AF is unbelievably noisy - won't be birding with this lens
It hunts alot in low light, but manual focus first and then the AF picks up if I touch the shutter button very lightly.
MF ring isn't that smooth, but is manageable
Build quality isn't as bad as I expected, it is plastic and flimsy, but I dont get the impression that it needs kid gloves, just a little bit of care..
Will post some pics once I have taken it out in daylight.

Ahh, my first macro lens - no matter what lenses I buy in the future, this one will always be special to me...