Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #16
Inactive Account

I have this lens, Great Bokeh and very sharp, but of course I paid more than $50
here's some of my shot with this lens

05-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another point if you are still looking for justifications--a big plus with any good Macro lens, like the FA 50 f/2.8--you essentially get at least two lenses in one (assuming you have a Teleconverter).

Macro lenses do nearly as well multiplied--so your 50 can be 1.4Xed (or 1.7X, or even 2.0X) with almost no ill effect.

Sweet

-W
05-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I have the PENTAX-F 1.7 AF Adapter and will try this.

Greetings
05-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
I have the PENTAX-F 1.7 AF Adapter and will try this.

Greetings
Ah, my favorite TC.

In this case you now have an outrageously sharp 85mm f/4.5 that will focus to a little bit better than 1:1.

So you could say that this lens cost you a split of your total price, or $25--while the 50mm was another $25.

If you use the 85mm as a macro, or with flash, or outdoors--then the f/4.5 won't be any deterrent at all.

-W

05-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wormtographer Quote
Ah, my favorite TC.

In this case you now have an outrageously sharp 85mm f/4.5 that will focus to a little bit better than 1:1.

So you could say that this lens cost you a split of your total price, or $25--while the 50mm was another $25.

If you use the 85mm as a macro, or with flash, or outdoors--then the f/4.5 won't be any deterrent at all.

-W
I like your logic ! But how do I explain all this to my niece, she has no photo brain to understand this.

Greetings
05-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
I like your logic ! But how do I explain all this to my niece, she has no photo brain to understand this.

Greetings
Hahaha--right. Well I now see where all of this doesn't really solve your problem.

If your niece is anything like my wife--then NO amount of solid, logical argumentation and reasoning will make any difference.

My best thought is to show her this thread...but I'm afraid that might not be enough.

Look at it this way: you got an FA 50 Macro for $50--how lucky was that? Very!

You knew your luck was bound to run out soon...

Cheers...have great fun with the lens.

-W
05-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #22
Pentaxian

I have trouble refraining myself from getting into a plane to hug you, my friend. I got the same lens for a hundred and fifty, and consider it a steal. It is probably the sharpest Pentax lens ever. It's wonderful. You'll love it.

05-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I have trouble refraining myself from getting into a plane to hug you, my friend. I got the same lens for a hundred and fifty, and consider it a steal. It is probably the sharpest Pentax lens ever. It's wonderful. You'll love it.
If you are a young shapely blond female I'll consider your desire. However I appreciate your thought and comment, I think I know the feeling you are trying to convey.

Taken a shot of my Karajishi Lion which I often use to test a lens and I am impressed with the result.

Last edited by Schraubstock; 07-24-2011 at 11:41 PM.
09-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #24
Inactive Account

I often borrow this lens from work (got it for this weekend in fact) and it is fantastic. As others have said, sharp from corner to corner, gorgeous colours and a true joy to use. It also works well as a general use lens, I'm hoping one day to 'borrow' it for a bit longer than I signed it out for... I'd be doing a good thing I reckon, they've got two of them and I'm the only person in three years to take either out and it seems a shame to leave them both languishing at the art college ignored by all the 'fully auto or nothing' students.

As an aside, how does the f4 version compare for sharpness and colour? They're a fair bit cheaper to buy.