Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2011, 02:24 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
WOW!
I got the Samsung version of this lens recently and I was wondering why I was getting 8 point star shaped lights in the background when shooting wide open. Since I use it most at its wide end, I guess f4 wasn't really wide open as I had thought so the 8 blades were closed a little.
This would also explain why this lens is reported to be sharpest at 12mm but what's the reason to do this? Why not let it be f3.5-4.0 or whatever? I don't think the PF would be much worse or a lot softer. So... vignetting? What else could it be?

05-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yup, seems normal to me. My borrowed lens does the same! What a great lens, sad to have to return it

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, blades, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens, store