Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks like $11 well spent Hin !!! Don't you just love it when you get a nice lens on the cheap? hehe

11-15-2007, 11:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's a sweet deal Hin, and nice pictures.

Sorry I can't help you with the macro question.
11-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #18
Veteran Member

It looks like you have a nice new toy for $11.00!

You should be able to use your flash by using all manual settings. I do this all the time with my cheap flashes. Set your camera to M, and play around with the settings a little. I find that a shutter speed of 180 is good, and adjust the aperture from f5.6 to f8.0 depending on distance. Your flash should have some guide information that came with it, or it is sometimes printed on the back of the flash. At any rate adjusting either f stop, ISO, or shutter speed, you should be able to find a combination that works.
11-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Use your flash in Auto mode

Most flashes have an auto mode. You just set the ISO speed and the flash set the flash to auto. The flash will display an aperture that you set your lens to. Be aware that the more you stop down the lens, the less your flash range will be. Most auto flashes have two different auto settings - one for short distances and one for long. The long distance setting uses a more open aperture.

On my auto flash if I set the ISO to 100, on auto, the aperture is either F4 or F8. I just set the flash to this and fire away.