Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Please help with Lens info....

This is a local Ad - and response after I emailed for more info. This is the only information she could provide, as she doesn't know much about photography.

The lenses sort of twist onto the body.

Here is the info on the lenses:
135mm - coated super albinar auto 1:2.8
35mm -smc pentax-m asahi opt. co, Japan 1:2.8
50mm - smc pentax-m
28mm - coated super albinar auto
2 - 49mm screw on lenses

I'm not sure if these are K-mount or not? And if I need an adapter - what kind of $$ are we talking? The Ad is $45 for body and all lenses which would really be nice IF I don't have to spend an arm & a leg to adapt them to my k-x. I'm open to manual focus lenses b/c I would like to improve my 'eye'. Any help is appreciated!!

Last edited by smilinjenn71; 05-28-2011 at 06:02 AM.
05-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
klh
Site Supporter

Well worth $45. I suspect they are all K-mount. The 35 and 50 are for sure. No adapters will be needed, but you will have to stop down meter, just like the old days.

The two 49mm lenses are probably filters.

I have the 135/2.8 super Albinar, and it is a fun lens, although pleasantly soft.

The 50 might be a great bargain if it is f/1.7 or better. Check for damage and fungus, then I would grab the deal quick.

Last edited by klh; 05-26-2011 at 05:09 PM.
05-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you SO much for the speedy reply! I've sent an email and hopeful that no one else has bought the camera & lenses. If I am successful with purchase, I'll post back with more info on the lenses.
05-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
I just saw your updated post....how does one check for fungus?

05-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Hold the lens up to a bright light. A halogen desk lamp is good, if not a torch. You will probably see at least some dust in there but the glass should not be hazy a. Any fungus will show either as "blobs" or worse spidery trails across the glass.

Kim

QuoteOriginally posted by smilinjenn71 Quote
I just saw your updated post....how does one check for fungus?
05-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kim C Quote
Hold the lens up to a bright light. A halogen desk lamp is good, if not a torch. You will probably see at least some dust in there but the glass should not be hazy a. Any fungus will show either as "blobs" or worse spidery trails across the glass.

Kim
Ahhh, OK - thank you so much!
05-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
klh
Site Supporter

Thank you SO much for the speedy reply! I've sent an email and hopeful that no one else has bought the camera & lenses. If I am successful with purchase, I'll post back with more info on the lenses.
Yes, please let us know.
05-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I took the liberty of writing a kitchen-sink article about checking used lenses. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/59245-pawnshop-lense...ers-guide.html You may find it useful. Or tedious. Whatever.

Yes, the 35 and 50 are K-mount, no adapters needed, and the 28 and 135 probably are too. I buy and sell lenses on eBay, a few hundred so far. If I saw this deal, I would GRAB IT!!!

05-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I took the liberty of writing a kitchen-sink article about checking used lenses. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/59245-pawnshop-lense...ers-guide.html You may find it useful. Or tedious. Whatever.

Yes, the 35 and 50 are K-mount, no adapters needed, and the 28 and 135 probably are too. I buy and sell lenses on eBay, a few hundred so far. If I saw this deal, I would GRAB IT!!!
Cool beans! Thanks for the link....off to read
05-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Just a little update. Seller is local and going to the beach this weekend, so I should be able to hook up with her next week. I will inspect the lenses before buying.

I know the info is somewhat limited but are any of these considered to be good/decent for portrait work?

EDIT - Can I just say.... the people on this forum have been SO helpful to me. I'm very appreciative and my experience here, thus far, has been awesome! Very refreshing - regarding online communications.
05-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

I know the info is somewhat limited but are any of these considered to be good/decent for portrait work?
The 50mm should make a pretty nice starter lens for portraits. Being manual focus, it'll be harder to get good candid/kid photos depending on your level of skill, but you should have fun with it an get some really nice photos.
05-28-2011, 07:28 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by acrollet Quote
The 50mm should make a pretty nice starter lens for portraits. Being manual focus, it'll be harder to get good candid/kid photos depending on your level of skill, but you should have fun with it an get some really nice photos.
Awesome, thank you for the feedback. Yea...skill level will be in question for awhile, I'm sure.
06-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
OK, I promised to post back with more information. It took myself and the seller a little while to coordinate the transaction. From the looks of things, the lenses are fungus/scratch free - there is some dust but best I can tell, it's external. I will have to clean the exterior of the lenses for sure. (any helpful information regarding cleaning is welcome)

smc Pentax-M 1:2 50mm
Ashahi Optical Co.

smc Pentax-M 1:2.8 35mm
Asahi Opt. Co.

Coated Super Albinar Auto 1:2.8 f=28mm

Coated Super Albinar Auto 1:2.8 f=135mm

Paid $45 for all the lenses and the body, which seems to be in good condition too but I don't really have a use for it.

Thanks for all the helpful info everyone!
06-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #14
klh
Site Supporter

Looks to me that you got a great deal. You have a good range of primes to play with now. Congratulations.
06-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
I am definitely excited! Now to take some pics