Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentacon Practicar Bayonet Lens

I was gifted a Pentacon Prakticar MC 50 mm f1.8 bayonet mount lens by my cousin - photos attached. On comparing it to a Pentax DA lens wrt to the lens locking slot, I find the (3) bayonet flanges are exactly aligned and of the same length as the DA lens. However the center electrical contact on the Pentacon is exactly at the AF Drive slot on the DA lens. The contact pins have a smooth rounded profile and the spring action is quite soft. The concern: will this lens get stuck on my K20D as in some infamous Ricoh lenses mentioned on the Forum?
Note: I don't see any screws holding down the bayonet flange as in the Pentax lenses. Hence cannot get to the pins and remove them. Request from my Pentaxian friends: how do I get to the pins? Please help. Appears to be an interesting lens.

Last edited by nanhi; 06-29-2011 at 08:09 AM.
05-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #2

Check out this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/58284-pentacon-lens-pentax.html

It appears that the Praktica B-mount is not compatible with Pentax K-mount.
05-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The register distance is very different and the back of the Praktica bayonet lens will need machining. I've done one but it needed so much metal removing there was very little metal left for the screw holes for the Pentax bayonet to be fitted with any degree of safety. It would have been very easy to pull the lens off and strip the new threads.

Praktica / Pentacon M42 lenses are just easier.