Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
300mm f2.8 Tamron adaptall-2

On this lens just above the focus ring there is another ring with a small set screw in it. This ring turns allowing the position of the set screw and the groove it represents to change. What would the purpose of this be? I haven't seen this on any other lens and just wondering about its function?

05-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hey,
I used the ring on mine mostly to set infinity focus as it will focus past infinity depending on temperature I guess. You could use it as a focus limiter or to preset on a spot. I never had the manual though so that's all I could figure.
05-28-2011, 03:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
Hey,
I used the ring on mine mostly to set infinity focus as it will focus past infinity depending on temperature I guess. You could use it as a focus limiter or to preset on a spot. I never had the manual though so that's all I could figure.
In fact it is a focus limiter. Quite useful, if you shoot for instance sports, where you have to change focus quickly between two specific points.

Ben
05-29-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the info!!