Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Siegfried Quote
Marc,
In that sentence I was referring to Tokina AT-X AF270, Tokina AT-X AF280PRO, MC Helios 44K-4 (3 different copies from different sources with different backgrounds in their history), MC Helios 77K, Seikanon 28/2.8 macro (pk-A).
Ah, a bunch of odler third party MF lenses. That could be.

QuoteQuote:
I have sold and don't have an access right now to DA50-200 and FA28-105, but I don't recall those copies to be able to go past infinity either.
50-200 definitely does. As others have pointed out, this is a deliberate design feature. Both to allow for some temperature variation, also to allow AF to have somewhere to "bracket". It's lenses that *lack* this feature that I would be suspicious of. In other words, a lens with this feature is better than one without.

05-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Marc,
Tokina's mentioned above are indeed 3rd parties, but AF, not MF. It's only Seikanon and Helioses that you're spot on with your 1st comment.

Anyway, I'm about to cool down on this, thanks a lot for all your inputs.

Zig
11-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #18

Original Poster
Just to make it clear and have the case closed: no, this isn't the normal behavior for the DA 15/4 Limited. Cannikin and elho_cid just do not know that they are talking about. This lens isn't designed to be operated in a wide temperature range and it is a wide-angle lens of a pretty simple design. This fault is a result from pour Pentax QC (quality control) and should be fixed. Details and instructions on lens disassembly can be found the PF lens disassembly database: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/114-maintenance-repair-articles/179884-pe...-database.html
Or one can estimate what to expect when going inside from my DA 21/3.2 post since both 21 and 15 Limiteds share about the same structure: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/307768-diy-21-lim-service.html (ADDITIONALLY you only need the rubber tool to remove the front decorative ring: 15 Lim have it screwed while 21 Lim have it glued using adhesive tape).

Good luck with your DA 15/4,
Zig
11-13-2015, 07:13 AM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Siegfried Quote
Just to make it clear and have the case closed
4 1/2 years later...just sayin'

11-13-2015, 11:17 AM   #20

Original Poster
Steve,
it's better late than never. If someone else with this issue comes to this thread (in a week, month or 5 years), then I don't want him to think that I agreed that wobbling and going past infinity DA 15/4 was ok.

Zig